• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Been using PayPal for about 20 years with no problem. Without warning froze my account wanting further details and evidence to authenticate etc. Wasted virtually a whole day sorting it out but another example of powerful, unaccountable internet businesses putting customers to inconvenience all in the spurious guise of improving customer service and security. Not enough to have a password, now you have to prove you are not a robot by identifying childish images and then have to key in a code which they send to your mobile. Grrrr!
I had a similar one with eBay a few years ago. Without warning (and after many years of using them without issue) they decided my (100%) rating wasn't high enough because I was only a periodic user and they would have to start withholding my money until my buyers had marked the item as received, which most never bothered.

I had a right go at them and pointed out the only reason they were doing that was to keep my money in their account for as long as possible to make as much on the interest as they could. I then threatened them with trading standards. The next day they released all payments and said it wouldn't happen again.

I’ve just seen a video on Twitter, seemingly from last night, of people launching rockets/fireworks at these pair.

Honestly, plod need to get a hold of this situation, quickly.
They should stick to protests that don't hurt people... like throwing soup at paintings.

They should stick to protests that don't hurt people... like throwing soup at paintings.

Agreed, it’s still ****ing odd behaviour that will lead to their inevitable arrests* but at least it doesn’t severely impact local infrastructure, bank balances or peoples day-to-day living.

Been using PayPal for about 20 years with no problem. Without warning froze my account wanting further details and evidence to authenticate etc. Wasted virtually a whole day sorting it out but another example of powerful, unaccountable internet businesses putting customers to inconvenience all in the spurious guise of improving customer service and security. Not enough to have a password, now you have to prove you are not a robot by identifying childish images and then have to key in a code which they send to your mobile. Grrrr!
I've had a few" issues" with Paypal recently too.Also have a long term account with them.Wonder if this could be Brexit related?

I'm not surprised. If the police won't act, the people will - same as when you see them sat on the roads, people physically move them.
This is getting crazy. Holding up businesses and people that have to be somewhere for their own reasons. Protests like these have never worked. It's a form of blackmailing the government to get what they want. But it becomes a few hundred protesters v the government and the public that turns against them. The only time it worked was the poll tax riots. But in that case it was the public v the government. The worry is now for anyone that has to be somewhere in the future weeks or months. Like a hospital appointment, funeral, airport, etc, etc. Also, this is very bad timing for some businesses that are struggling to survive, and are having their goods to or from, held up in these long queues for hours on end. The stories are starting to come through now of this finishing off some small businesses. Don't they realise that the government can't give in even if they believed in their cause, because it would bring every small protesting group out of the woodwork trying the same tactics.

Not exactly hacking me off but making me shake my head. My BT quarterly bill sent to my BT email address has been put into spam !!!!

Do those complaining about disruption caused by protests not mind the greater disruption caused by the thing the protesters were complaining about? The QEII bridge has been shut way more times by high winds.
It is possible that they are not mutually exclusive to many people.

Do those complaining about disruption caused by protests not mind the greater disruption caused by the thing the protesters were complaining about? The QEII bridge has been shut way more times by high winds.
High winds normally shut the bridge for a few hours, not a couple of days. With the high winds expected there is normally an advanced warning that it could be shut, so people can plan a different route. With these protestors, you have no warning where or when they will turn up.

They’re complaining about things that everyday working class people cannot focus on, because they’re too preoccupied with issues that are affecting them in the present. I.e. facing eviction for missing a few days wages.

Why don’t they carry out these disruptions in and around Downing Street or The Palace of Westminster?

Back