• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Apparently a height as well. I'm assuming they gave climbed up one of the supports. Police have closed due to the complexities of getting them down at height.

View attachment 22577

Just make sure noones filming and a couple of tasers. If the road surface doesn't break their fall at least they have the safety net if the water.

Mindless idiots causing misery for everyone just trying to go about their lives.
Explains why the a127 is screwed

Apparently a height as well. I'm assuming they gave climbed up one of the supports. Police have closed due to the complexities of getting them down at height.

View attachment 22577

Just make sure noones filming and a couple of tasers. If the road surface doesn't break their fall at least they have the safety net if the water.

Mindless idiots causing misery for everyone just trying to go about their lives.
Agree 100%.Someone on my social media is a cabby and was saying that he was dropping customers to Gatwick but unfortunately they have missed their flight now

Just stop oil protesters.
The group has now claimed the bridge could remain shut for “at least 24 hours”.

In a statement they said: “The police have stopped traffic from entering the bridge.

“It is expected that the bridge will remain shut for at least 24 hours.

“The disruption will end when the government agrees to our demand of no new oil and gas consents and licences.”

I really feel for all those people that have missed their flights. There must be better ways of protesting that doesn't have a big impact on some of the general public. There must be people in those queues with health issues, etc, that weren't expecting to be stuck in a queue for many hours.

Last edited:
My mortgage offer expires on 31/03/23 have a decent deal at the moment but when it expires, it will most likely be 5.75% mark.

The issue we have is that a couple of probates are going on the property we like at the moment. It's an absolutely lovely place and there is nothing else really on the market at the moment.

We will be devastated if we have to pull out before then, this whole moving has been absolutely awful.

With those rates, I doubt we will ever find an affordable property!

My mortgage offer expires on 31/03/23 have a decent deal at the moment but when it expires, it will most likely be 5.75% mark.

The issue we have is that a couple of probates are going on the property we like at the moment. It's an absolutely lovely place and there is nothing else really on the market at the moment.

We will be devastated if we have to pull out before then, this whole moving has been absolutely awful.

With those rates, I doubt we will ever find an affordable property!
We were very lucky. Our 5 year fixed expired in April, but in preparation for that I fixed again for 5 years in Feb this year, with the 1st payment being made in May (i.e. after our deal ended.) I fixed for 5 years at 1.59%. The same mortgage is now 5.54%.

That was nothing clever, just very good timing, and a belief that interest rates were so low the only way they were likely to go was up. Little did I know how "up" they would go.

Those bloody idiots are still on the Dartford Bridge. Caused absolute carnage on the roads yesterday. Police should have told them that the bridge would be re-opening and then it was up to them what they did, not inconvenience thousands of motorists.

Kev took 3 and a half hours to get to Gatwick yesterday morning. He always leaves plenty of time to be on the safe side, but he got there with 50 minutes until the flight was due to take off. Fortunately, his clients had some very helpful ground staff who whisked them through so they made their flight. He intended to go through Blackwall Tunnel when he read about what was going on so was prepared, but the tunnel was shut due to an accident. Ended up going anti-clockwise round instead.

Many people missed medical appointments, one family is reported as missing a family funeral. Shocking inconvenience that shouldn't have been allowed.

Seems to me that broadband providers are a bit like banks, they're ok until something goes wrong and then there is no recovery to their reputation or from their error(s). After years of suffering BT over copper wire I took the opportunity to move across to Vodafone via City Fibre's 'Full fibre to the house'. I saved £15 a month and quadrupled my line speed, also got my landline through the internet. No problems so far (12 months) and the line speed has been constant at about 180 mbps up and down. Like Barclays, my bank for 55 years, you speak as you find.

Been using PayPal for about 20 years with no problem. Without warning froze my account wanting further details and evidence to authenticate etc. Wasted virtually a whole day sorting it out but another example of powerful, unaccountable internet businesses putting customers to inconvenience all in the spurious guise of improving customer service and security. Not enough to have a password, now you have to prove you are not a robot by identifying childish images and then have to key in a code which they send to your mobile. Grrrr!

Those bloody idiots are still on the Dartford Bridge. Caused absolute carnage on the roads yesterday. Police should have told them that the bridge would be re-opening and then it was up to them what they did, not inconvenience thousands of motorists.

Kev took 3 and a half hours to get to Gatwick yesterday morning. He always leaves plenty of time to be on the safe side, but he got there with 50 minutes until the flight was due to take off. Fortunately, his clients had some very helpful ground staff who whisked them through so they made their flight. He intended to go through Blackwall Tunnel when he read about what was going on so was prepared, but the tunnel was shut due to an accident. Ended up going anti-clockwise round instead.

Many people missed medical appointments, one family is reported as missing a family funeral. Shocking inconvenience that shouldn't have been allowed.

The trouble with reopening the road is, if one of these mugs fall and land on a moving car, it’ll be carnage for the occupants of that car, up to and including the possibility of death.

That being said, it’s unfathomable to me that two herberts can hold a major road infrastructure to ransom for this length of time.

People have lost wages, the economy will be affected, hospital appointments have been missed, staff can’t get into work, supply chains halted, flights, holidays, family visits, job interviews, the list of how these weapons have impacted peoples daily lives, is endless.

It’s not even as though their crusade will have any endeavour. No Government will negotiate or act on the basis of what is essentially terrorist-like behaviour. These whoppers believe they speak for all humanity, but they don’t…. above all else, that’s not how a democratic society works.

Their incessant need to disrupt normal, everyday, working peoples lives is never going to strengthen their cause or earn them more supporters and I don’t think it’ll be long before they **** off the wrong person & someone - rightly or wrongly - gets hurt.

Back