• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

This thread is now veering towards political comment, please don't as a deletion often offends. Thanks people.

Cripes, I have a few protests I'd like to join but in the UK, at present, the Stop the oil is not high up the list.
River and Water pollution, couple with the water companies.
Use of plastics AND non recycle products when alternatives readily exist.
Russia, China, Iran, N. Korea, Saudis, IRA, Israel. PLO, etc plus French
Boardroom v shop floor pay.
Southend City council

And I am trying to skip simple politics!

I'm sure that crossed my friends mind when he sat in the same spot for 5 hours yesterday dear oh dear.
They don’t seem to care about financially hurting people. Very selfish behaviour and not surprising giving the rhetoric I’ve seen on twitter about the attitudes to people in Essex and Kent. Seem to think they deserve to be hit financially and have their lives disrupted

Talking about water and sewage I wish Anglian Water would explain what the problem is with the sewage going into the estuary but no one seems to say how it happens or explain how much it would cost to rectify. I guess it's many millions. My theory started when we had our extension and there was talk of the surface water having to go to a sump in the garden. In the end we were able to use the method that was used when the house was built in 1912 which is that the rainwater goes down the sewage pipe with grey water. Our house is in Leigh and I know the sewage went to the 3 sewage ponds on Two Tree Island. They are still there and there is a hide for birdwatching. Saw a kingfisher there. Anyway I think the sewage now goes to a pump under the bridge to Old Leigh and is presumably pumped from there to the sewage works. Now I went down there for a reckie and there is a storm drain overflow. So my theory for what it's worth is when it rains the water flows down and if the pumps can't handle it when the rain is heavy it overflows into the estuary and may contain sewage as the sewage and rainwater and grey water from showers etc is all mixed. So to rectify this we would need to completely redo the plumbing for virtually every house. Have I just made this up. Does anyone work for Anglian Water who could comment. There's another storm drain by the white shelter at Chalkwell and my guess is they are more all along the seafront.

Everything!!! Cost of living, EON Next - Don't they ever answer the phone, text, Whatsapp? Out of the FA Cup before the first-round proper, World peace, or lack of it, ...you name it, it's all ****ing me off at the moment. Maybe stuffing Scunthorpe on Saturday will lift the gloom.

Not being able to discuss politics on here at a time like this.
This isn't politics in general election blue vs red vs yellow vs green vs insert colour here, this is far greater than that

This should be discussed (perhaps a seperate thread) as this affects our lives, our pensions, our mortgages our daily / weekly food shops our gas and electricity. Add all those things together and it affects our mental health ultimately.

Every time there is political change i see no reason why it can't be discussed in an adult way about it.

I've been a member here since 2008 ish and don't remember seeing the politics thread or coming across but i would have hoped that people would have put across reasoned arguments for their political views

given the post directly above yours, it does seem like you're allowed to post about politics if:
1. you're a mod
2. you're fairly subtle about it
I don't normally reply to this sort of post, but I have now edited my own post to remove any possibility of it being seen as political.

This isn't politics in general election blue vs red vs yellow vs green vs insert colour here, this is far greater than that

This should be discussed (perhaps a seperate thread) as this affects our lives, our pensions, our mortgages our daily / weekly food shops our gas and electricity. Add all those things together and it affects our mental health ultimately.

Every time there is political change i see no reason why it can't be discussed in an adult way about it.

I've been a member here since 2008 ish and don't remember seeing the politics thread or coming across but i would have hoped that people would have put across reasoned arguments for their political views
Because it’s too divisive and as much as you’d like to think that people could discuss sensibly it just ended in rancour.

If you didn’t see the Politics forum whislt it still existed lucky you.

Over thinking and talking about it won't change anything, it just causes arguments which leads to more Mental Health problems, out of frustration.

Back