• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

****ing ***** at Southeastern ****ing railways. What a bunch of *****

Oof, posession overrun. Someone is in trouble!

So trying to install Windows 8.1 over the weekend which takes ages - after about 5hrs and at 73% complete my laptop crashes and it spend another 4/5 hours reverting to Windows 8.

Pain the arse - but not critical. Now yesterday afternoon whilst Mrs MK is at home the laptop crashes and spends 6hrs or so trying to repair disk errors. I get fed up, switch it off and on and a lovely message comes up telling me that the laptop now needs repairing. :angry:

Luckily it's still in warranty. Just.

The DVLA.

I part ex'd my old car on the 30th August and applied for a refund on the 6 months tax disc I bought early August. (Bad timing, I know.)

So, the refund arrives, but it is for 4 months not 5. I ring up and complain, and am told to tear up the cheque I have been sent because it will be cancelled, and await a new one. Eventually I receive a letter from the DVLA explaining that they have got their calculation correct as the refund wasn't applied for until the 5th September. I then reply explaining that the refund was applied for on the 30th August, and that (according to their own leaflet) the date of application is the date the form is posted, not the date it arrives.

For 7/10 days I hear nothing. So yesterday I rang them up to be told that they agree with me, and the extra has been sent to me by cheque. I then point out that I have torn up the original cheque because I was told to. The guy then tells me that was incorrect advice, and that he now has to re-issue the first cheque.

So, I am now waiting for 2 cheques from the DVLA, one for the majority to replace one I was incorrectly told to tear up, and one for the excess because they don't know their own rules.

Last edited:
Why do Apple make reinstalling Itunes and copying back over backed up songs such a mare? It creates 100s of duplicates unecessarily, takes longer to remove the files that to originally copy them over.

Now I've bought a 3rd party bit of software to take the songs off my Ipod to see it that cures it.

....and don't talk to me about Windows 8.1 - managed to get round sending the laptop back thats to the wonders of the Internet but I had to reformat my HD :angry:

Traffic lights and indications to turn right!!!! For example, Vic Avenue from Cookoo Corner towards town and at jtn of Priory Crst: it is two lanes and as you approach it, there are often 5/6 cars in the left nearside lane and 2 in the offside/right lane, none are indicating so you join the shorter queue. Then lights change from red to green and the 2 cars in front indicate to turn right and move forward just enough so they are across the junction and then you wait while a space to go around them and ahead occurs. If they had indicated as they waited you'd have joined the left hand lane!!!! Are they worried they will wear their bulbs out????:raspberry::thumbdown:

The stone island wearing clan that were at the Newport game obviously not there to watch football. And the young ********s especially the one who abused the ball boy. Really gripes me, I don't want these people at the club I love!

Sky and no signal! Keeps happening but I have never had this problem before. My contract runs out soon, might look elsewhere.

Still having signal problems and not able to view anything on my box even listings. Phone sky to be told they would get an engineer out to me on the 28th of ****ing November! 1 month without Sky! Not happy and will be taking it as high as possible. It's not my problem your engineers are all busy, employ more I ****ing pay enough for the service which you keep putting up every other month!

My laptop charger decided to blow up last night and tried to set my bed on fire.

I was watching an ice hockey match and I plugged it in so I could carry in watching it (Battery only lasts 1hr 30) and I got no light. Took it out and untangled it and out it back in only for it to blow out and snap in half with a big spark.

joy.

My laptop charger decided to blow up last night and tried to set my bed on fire.

I was watching an ice hockey match and I plugged it in so I could carry in watching it (Battery only lasts 1hr 30) and I got no light. Took it out and untangled it and out it back in only for it to blow out and snap in half with a big spark.

joy.

I bet thats the first time you have made sparks in bed,hope the old chap is ok.

Still having signal problems and not able to view anything on my box even listings. Phone sky to be told they would get an engineer out to me on the 28th of ****ing November! 1 month without Sky! Not happy and will be taking it as high as possible. It's not my problem your engineers are all busy, employ more I ****ing pay enough for the service which you keep putting up every other month!
We had a similar problem recently, I got the raving hump with them and cancelled my subscription, then a few days later they phoned me back and offered me loads of stuff and an engineer with-in the week, the bloke came round checked everything, then told me it was the tree in my back garden causing the problem! Moral of this story is Check any near by trees!:facepalm:

Maybe the alignment of your dish? The wind may have blown it out of sync.

Maybe the alignment of your dish? The wind may have blown it out of sync.

My dish is pointing in the same direction as all my neighbours but it is placed slightly higher and more susceptible to the wind. Which could possibly be the issue as I said before never had this problem in my old house!

My dish is pointing in the same direction as all my neighbours but it is placed slightly higher and more susceptible to the wind. Which could possibly be the issue as I said before never had this problem in my old house!

Get up there and check no cables have come loose?

Back