• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Teachers do need time to get things done themselves!! For those who are at schools with a demanding head teacher the hours can often be gruelling.

Not actually hacking me off, more a feeling of dread at returning to the place of employment that I truly hate. I'm now getting desperate in my bid to escape this place. Ever seen Schindlers List where the young lad is walking back to the camp after he couldn't get the stains off the bath and he ended up with a bullet in the back of the head? That's how I feel every time I walk through the gate.

Not actually hacking me off, more a feeling of dread at returning to the place of employment that I truly hate. I'm now getting desperate in my bid to escape this place. Ever seen Schindlers List where the young lad is walking back to the camp after he couldn't get the stains off the bath and he ended up with a bullet in the back of the head? That's how I feel every time I walk through the gate.

Thought of looking for a new job?

6 weeks holiday in the summer? Christmas and New Years off! Come on they can use one of the days in half term to do a staff training day!

Normally staff training days are post 2 weeks plus off not just after a week off. Pretty poor from the school! I doubt NUT would agree with you - they are always looking for more and a cheeky strike.

6 weeks holiday in the summer? Christmas and New Years off! Come on they can use one of the days in half term to do a staff training day!

Ricey, mate, you clearly don't have a scooby. Our teachers have been spending most of their half term planning for the 7 weeks ahead in what is traditionally a highly excitable phase in the year, teacher training days are usually for precisely the reason they are named. My school had one before half term, we had compulsory first aid training. It's not something we choose to do, we'd much rather have been doing our own admin, but it's something we HAVE to do. As LSAs are only paid for 39 weeks of the year, our training has to take place within the allocated 39 weeks which make up the school year.

I can also promise you that the majority of teachers begin their day around 7 a.m. leave school at 5 (if they're lucky) then spend several more hours marking and preparing lesson plans so they're often still working at 10 p.m. and don't forget many of them have young families too! School holidays are also often used for planning and preparation, the teachers are not just there when school is open to children!

Ricey, mate, you clearly don't have a scooby. Our teachers have been spending most of their half term planning for the 7 weeks ahead in what is traditionally a highly excitable phase in the year, teacher training days are usually for precisely the reason they are named. My school had one before half term, we had compulsory first aid training. It's not something we choose to do, we'd much rather have been doing our own admin, but it's something we HAVE to do. As LSAs are only paid for 39 weeks of the year, our training has to take place within the allocated 39 weeks which make up the school year.

I can also promise you that the majority of teachers begin their day around 7 a.m. leave school at 5 (if they're lucky) then spend several more hours marking and preparing lesson plans so they're often still working at 10 p.m. and don't forget many of them have young families too! School holidays are also often used for planning and preparation, the teachers are not just there when school is open to children!

Spot on! All that moaning... anyone would think you were forced with a gun to your heads to become teachers... :winking:

Spot on! All that moaning... anyone would think you were forced with a gun to your heads to become teachers... :winking:

Anyone choosing to become a teacher these days seriously needs to have their head tested, it's no longer about a vocation, it's no longer about educating, it's about performance and progress and being governed by reams of stupid dictates from central Government.

Anyone choosing to become a teacher these days seriously needs to have their head tested, it's no longer about a vocation, it's no longer about educating, it's about performance and progress and being governed by reams of stupid dictates from central Government.

You mean like a proper job?

:net:
:hilarious:

Trains again. Delayed getting into London this morning as the driver had to fix the rear lights on the train, wasn't even aware they had rear lights - surely the lines aren't that congested that they need brake lights? MK? This meant I missed my connecting train to Cambridge. Waiting for the next train out to Cambridge, guess what delayed! Then I spill coffee down my light grey jumper, and the window in my carriage is broken, combined with the no heating on the train, and I'm freezing.

Add in the only reason I'm going to Cambridge is for a stupid team bonding session that essentially puts us a day behind in work, and Cambridge was chosen as central to everyone, yet four of our team of seven have had our journey times doubled, while the other three (Two of which are the bosses) have had theirs halved, this morning can go suck the big one!

Trains for me yet again.

Before I left work last night I checked the First Crapital Connect website. My train, the 17.23, had been cancelled. I decided to work a bit later and get the 17.37, the next train. So, I turn up at the station to find that the 17.23 was now delayed until 17.37, and the 17.37 was on time.

How is that possible? How can a train that has been cancelled suddenly be re-instated? Surely you only say a train is cancelled when it has been taken out of commission? Moreover, how could the 17.37 still be showing as on time if the the 17.23 is due at 17.37? How can they not work out that two trains can't be at the station at the same time?

Last edited:

That's fair enough you work in a secondary school. My kids are 5 though do they really do all that work for lesson plan etc in primary school especially in foundation year. I just don't get why they needed one also.

Back