• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bloody climate controlled office that automatically opens windows when it's ferking freezing outside. So what if my colleagues on the lower floors are melting.....:angry:

People who ask for stupid addresses when getting in my taxi, then think its their job to give me directions. I have done the knowledge, I have a sat nav for out of the area addresses and a map system on my radio set that works as a sat nav. I know where the train stations are so stop giving me directions.

Do you think that might be a consequence of many taxi drivers nowadays no longer knowing where the f*** they are going? Good taxi drivers do of course, but there are a lot of schmos out there who think having a car with a sat nav makes them a taxi driver.

So maybe people are so used to telling the taxi driver where to go that they continue to do so even when it's not necessary?

If we're talking about ladies on trains, one (sort of moan) was when I was travelling home. Now I travel 1 stop, it takes about 3 mins, I don't sit down. However lots of people stand up at MK station to race off at the next. This one woman (and probably younger than me) gets up and stands next to me and has the gall to have a go about the loudness of my Ipod music. I maintain my coolness and ignore the hag as another commuter roll their eyes.

Listen love, if I was sitting next to you on a long journey of COURSE I would turn it down, but it's one ferking STOP! Go boil your head.

As an aside, I saw the same woman last night and as she stood to get up a station early my Ipod shuffled to the loudest Thrash/Rap choonage of Anthrax/PE in her honour. I made sure my Ipod was turned up to 11.

People with loud music on trains :nope:

Do you think that might be a consequence of many taxi drivers nowadays no longer knowing where the f*** they are going? Good taxi drivers do of course, but there are a lot of schmos out there who think having a car with a sat nav makes them a taxi driver.

So maybe people are so used to telling the taxi driver where to go that they continue to do so even when it's not necessary?
I could well be, it could also be that they are use to going a certain route. This route may not be the cheapest route as taxi meters will tick over if your moving or not, so i always try and cut out as many traffic lights as possible and keep the car moving. I have offered to sit in the passenger seat before and let the customer drive, that often does the trick.

I could well be, it could also be that they are use to going a certain route. This route may not be the cheapest route as taxi meters will tick over if your moving or not, so i always try and cut out as many traffic lights as possible and keep the car moving. I have offered to sit in the passenger seat before and let the customer drive, that often does the trick.

If you were sick would you have to fine yourself fifty quid?

Bloody teachers striking! Because of that I have come off nights last night and had to be up at 9 because my kids are home and the wife is at work.

Yet again it's the trains. I should be leaving the office now to get a train home in time to have a quick bite to eat, jump in the car and fight my way around the M25 to get to Southend in time for tonight's match.

I'm not leaving yet because the effin train is late, by about 15 minutes last time I checked, which means I'll be 15 minutes late home, 15 minutes late into the car, and (because it's rush hour on a Friday) about 40-45 minutes late into Southend, which means I may well miss kick off.

That effin idiot on the train again today. As soon as I saw her get on I thought I'd rather listen to music than listen to her tell the entire carriage about her son. So I started to get my phone out of my pocket and my headphones out from my bag, and she sat next to me, right on top of my arm - she could see what I was doing - which led to me digging her in the ribs a couple of times. (Genuinely not on purpose.) I then turn on my music and tried to put my phone in my coat pocket only to find that the fat cow had sat on it. You should have seen the look on her face when I had the temerity to pull my coat out from under her unnecessarily huge arse.

Had she have had the decency to wait about 10 seconds for me to sort out my bag in the first place I wouldn't have had to dig her in the ribs, or pull my coat out from under her. Moreover, I was only doing all this at all because she talks rubbish from the minute she gets on the train to the minute she gets off. I swear she doesn't actually breathe in that time.

But of course that was all my fault, or so the look on her face would have you believe.

Last edited:
Back