• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Another train one I'm afraid.

The **** of a train driver that insisted on welcoming everyone on board at each stop this morning, telling everyone the destination and where the train was calling at. He also insisted on asking us all to look after our belongings, and what to do if we saw an unattended package. He also recommended that in this hot weather we ensure we are carrying a bottle of water.

Now, this hacked me off on a number of levels.

1. I and many other people were trying to sleep/read. It was impossible to do either.
2. Each announcement lasted pretty much the entire time between stops, so it was almost a rolling announcement.
3. Why did he need to suggest we carry water? Apart from the obvious (that we were already on the train and couldn't really do anything about it by then), aren't we old enough to make up our own minds?
4. His diction was awful so that each word merged in with the next and the last word in every sentence was cut short, giving the impression that he may have been drunk.

The ex! :angry: So, it's not enough that the kids live with me so I have all the costs that that entails, but so our son can go and spend some time with HIS parents during the summer, I get to pay half his train travel because I foolishly thought the selfish git might offer to pay, or at least take him one way or the other!

Ha ha I know exactly the driver Blue is referring to. Clearly has a speech impediment. It is almost like he is a clockwork you that keeps getting jammed mid word as well as mid sentence. Also the doors of this train are about to close at which point he closes them immediately. Pretty pointless warning

Think yourselves lucky. I get programmed announcements before a train arrives and before it is pulling into a station as well as other messages in Cantonese, Mandarin and English. A bit like living close to an airport you do end up being de-sensitised after a while.

I nearly posted this one the other day after my return from Blighty. Living in Asia has shown me just how unhealthy the UK has become as a nation. In my day the poor old fat boy bore the brunt of schoolboy bullying. Now he is not alone. HK is a generation away from joining that list I'm afraid. Thing is I wasn't deprived of goodies and didn't have a bland diet when I was a kid. Too much MSG, sugar and additives and totally not needed.

To counteract the whinge had a great week in N Devon last week and NOTHING in the world beats a glorious English summer. Gets dark here at 715 in the summer. Still around 28 at midnight but not the same.

Another train one I'm afraid.

The **** of a train driver that insisted on welcoming everyone on board at each stop this morning, telling everyone the destination and where the train was calling at. He also insisted on asking us all to look after our belongings, and what to do if we saw an unattended package. He also recommended that in this hot weather we ensure we are carrying a bottle of water.

Now, this hacked me off on a number of levels.

1. I and many other people were trying to sleep/read. It was impossible to do either.
2. Each announcement lasted pretty much the entire time between stops, so it was almost a rolling announcement.
3. Why did he need to suggest we carry water? Apart from the obvious (that we were already on the train and couldn't really do anything about it by then), aren't we old enough to make up our own minds?
4. His diction was awful so that each word merged in with the next and the last word in every sentence was cut short, giving the impression that he may have been drunk.

At least he wasn't on the phone...

At least he wasn't on the phone...

ASLEF (which is an anagram for total and utter *******) have issued a memo to remind train drivers that mobile phones are banned whilst driving a train, as "journos" are hanging off railway bridges trying to snap a driver texting.

The fact that virgin tv have stopped showing espn as part of my contract and not a word from them or a discount in my contract.

The fact that virgin tv have stopped showing espn as part of my contract and not a word from them or a discount in my contract.

Rights now owned by BT. Switch your Broadband over to them and you'll get espn and the "first-pick" Premier games free of charge (well, included in the price anyway).

Nothing, absolutely nothing at all to moan about. Been a beautiful day, I have three days off, football season starts Saturday, I am very happy with my lot.

A tad to sticky for me! Cricket would have been better if we had taken two more wickets! on the upside placed my season bet a yankee Chelsea,Reading,Brentford and Pompey roll on MAY!!:omg:

Some absolute cretin that decided to put paint stripper all over our car the other day. Thanks for the cost mate.

Just went to the loo in our very swanky new toilets in a building that's just been opened a year and some absolute filth has emptied the entire contents of his nose all over the wall. Absolutely rank.

Any my god he must have a hooter bigger than my own. :omg:

Stupid left-wing newspaper giving away what's happening in a certain American sitcom even though series 2 has just ended (legally) in this country. Torrent using lefty scumbags!

The Guardian revealed that in P&R.

Spoiler:  
a) Two characters would get married.
b) Two other main characters would be leaving the series.

Can't put spoiler tags around the printed word can you Guardian?

a bit ****** from them to be honest.

Being F'd in the A by the DVLA.

£72 to change the address on your driving licence and the don't even have the god damned decency to give you a reacharound.

Back