• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

How have you managed to accidentally press ' instead of n or s?

I can't lighten up, not at the thought of all those poor Spanish students suffering the incompetence of the Barcelona butcher of British English.

How have you managed to accidentally press ' instead of n or s?

I can't lighten up, not at the thought of all those poor Spanish students suffering the incompetence of the Barcelona butcher of British English.

FYI,
Actually there's only one large demonstration starting here in Plaza Catalunya later today, so I was probably thinking of that, along with all the other demos taking place in Madrid,Lisbon etc.
If it's any consolation ,I'm extremely well qualified and vastly experienced at what I do.:moon:

Btw,most students here regard themselves as Catalan rather than Spanish!

Typo.Lighten up.:raspberry:
Btw,the correct linguistic terms are B.E.(British English)and A.E.(American English).My favourite acronym though is B.A.E.(Black American English).However, I suspect Trueblue may not be amused.:winking:

Today what has hacked me off is posters who think it is big and clever to highlight a spelling mistake or two and think they are the bollox when in fact they are muppets,this relates to a post on the c2c thread not YB,my favourite acronym is M E L T.

FYI,
Actually there's only one large demonstration starting here in Plaza Catalunya later today, so I was probably thinking of that, along with all the other demos taking place in Madrid,Lisbon etc.
If it's any consolation ,I'm extremely well qualified and vastly experienced at what I do.:moon:

Btw,most students here regard themselves as Catalan rather than Spanish!

What are you going on about?

This still doesn't explain the Barcelona Butcher of British English's foray into greengrocery.

What are you going on about?

This still doesn't explain the Barcelona Butcher of British English's foray into greengrocery.

Oh yes it does.
I imagine(subconsciously or whatever)I was intending to write the demo's in the centre of town...

Ha!The demonstration's are all in the center of town.Can't get there because we live out in the sticks and there's no public transport today(except for a partial service at rush hours).
I always used to support General Strikes here as an employee(but it's a different ballgame when you're a freelance).

Today what has hacked me off is posters who think it is big and clever to highlight a spelling mistake or two and think they are the bollox when in fact they are muppets,this relates to a post on the c2c thread not YB,my favourite acronym is M E L T.

You were asked not to use that term(by Canvey Shrimper I believe )because as we both know it's offensive.

<1. **** 604 up, 202 down
an absolute complete ****ing idiot<

I suggest you honour Harry's memory by doing exactly what you were asked to do.:finger2:

Btw,It's not an acronym.:dim:

Last edited:
No, wrong and who cares,you are what you are and in my very very humble opinion you are indeed as stated and using Harry as a tool to gain points is a low blow even for a biggot like you.

This is my first post on SZ, I only joined so I could keep reading the boards, but I have to say that Barnablue doesn't seem quite all there.

No, wrong and who cares,you are what you are and in my very very humble opinion you are indeed as stated and using Harry as a tool to gain points is a low blow even for a biggot like you.

I'm no bigot.And if it wasn't H.it was another Mod.

This is my first post on SZ, I only joined so I could keep reading the boards, but I have to say that Barnablue doesn't seem quite all there.

I'm all here.Are you all there?:winking:

Middle Earth Lefty **** is indeed a ancrythingy,not my fault that you look like a hobbit with a courdroy jacket with elbow patches.

You're quite right it is indeed an acroynm,apparently.Perhaps you'd like to enlighten us as to what for exactly? :unsure:

I'm no bigot.And if it wasn't H.it was another Mod.

I'm all here.Are you all there?:winking:

Middle Earth Lefty **** is indeed a ancrythingy,not my fault that you look like a hobbit with a courdroy jacket with elbow patches.

You're quite right it is indeed an acronym,apparently.Perhaps you'd like to enlighten us as to what for, exactly? :unsure:
Btw, and FYI,I've never read The Lord of the Rings or seen any of the films, with the exception of The Hobbit,which I didn't particularly like.
I know you think all teachers wear corduroy jackets/trousers but as a BE(Business English)teacher,working mostly in companies,(or at the LFB),I have to dress a lot smarter than that.

Last edited:
I know. I mean who doesn't like Nick Drake? Spanish wierdo. :winking:

I've been loading over 2,000 cds onto my brennan JB7 since September.I'm proud to say that amongst a vast collection of Blues,Pop,Jazz,Country and Western,Folk,Classical,World,Spanish and French music,soundtracks etc I don't appear to have a single ND track in my collection.:raspberry:

Last edited:
Bit ****ed off with Mrs Drastic who threw away my two beefsteak tomatoes because they hadn't gone red yet. Granted they'd been on the windowsill for 3+ weeks with no sign of ripening, but I'd grown them from seedlings and was rather proud of them.

#middleageproblems

Back