• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bit ****ed off with Mrs Drastic who threw away my two beefsteak tomatoes because they hadn't gone red yet. Granted they'd been on the windowsill for 3+ weeks with no sign of ripening, but I'd grown them from seedlings and was rather proud of them.

#middleageproblems

Should've either put them in a brown paper bag or with some ripe bananas. Best way to ripen them with the little sun we've had.

Bit late now mind.

1) London Midland trains not employing enough drivers. Goodbye franchise you useless c-units.
2) A cold thats just hanging on and on and has got worse over the weekend.
3) Christmas decorations across people's desks. Where's your clear desk policy now Network Rail. :thumbdown:

The weather! Grrr, rain and more rain. is this the follow on to Storm Sandy taken 2 weeks crossing the Atlantic and if so how come the yanks seemed to have recognized problems and here we didn't?

Back to trains - thank **** there was electrical work going on outside Isleworth Station frankly, because my train got held for five bloody minutes at the nest station (Hounslow) thanks to a problem at the next to that station (Whitton) before eventually deciding that everyone needed to be booted off the train. Don't usually mind but rain plus a lecture made me cranky.

Plus, the guard told us to get off the train, and then the doors wouldn't open. Smart, that.

Apart from the fact that the temperature has suddenly dropped down to 14 overnight. I have a re-union arranged for me on 21 Dec. Jeez. I'm trying to work out an exit strategy.

Not the huge traffic jam on the M1 per se - these things happen* - more the travel announcer on Five Live referring to 'delays' on the M1, when what she meant to say was 'closed between J4 and J5'. Had she said 'closed' in that first bulletin, I would have gone another way. As it was, by the time the next bulletin came through, I was already stuck on the motorway.

Five hours door to door today, as opposed to my usual 45 minutes. Still, rattled through a few episodes of Fighting Talk so it's not all bad.

*And two people died, so given that I'm still alive, I'll not chunter too much.

My ****ing knee playing up the week before I've got another ****ing driving test its too late to cancel it now without losing the money, just have to hope and pray its going be OK by thursday. :angry::angry::angry::angry:

My ****ing knee playing up the week before I've got another ****ing driving test its too late to cancel it now without losing the money, just have to hope and pray its going be OK by thursday. :angry::angry::angry::angry:

Solpadeine soluble and a tubigrip bandage doubled up. Try them now and thank me !

I have my first HK cold. Arsecakes. Fortunately not the heaviest in the world but still irritating. And a chilly 16 degrees today

Gits that decide to do a runner instead of paying the taxi fare. A nice trip out out to Burnham on Crouch become a 2 hour nightmare with the passenger deciding he needed a pee in the middle of nowhere only to run to a waiting car.

Gits that decide to do a runner instead of paying the taxi fare. A nice trip out out to Burnham on Crouch become a 2 hour nightmare with the passenger deciding he needed a pee in the middle of nowhere only to run to a waiting car.

*******. I hope he gets nicked.

I always think that on a journey like that, it should be ok to demand a nominal payment up front to signify intent to pay. That or have cameras fitted to record the buggers!

Solpadeine soluble and a tubigrip bandage doubled up. Try them now and thank me !

I have my first HK cold. Arsecakes. Fortunately not the heaviest in the world but still irritating. And a chilly 16 degrees today

Diclofenac, paracetomal and ice. Tubigrip's are crap. Just hoping and praying its sorts itself out for Thursday not much else I can do.

Trying to get through to book an appointment with my doctor. Lines open a 8am, 9:33 and still engaged :thumbdown: How dare other people be ill!

Cancellations from company classes.:angry:
Last night (via email)I had cancellations for three company classes on Wednesday afternoon.Technically I insist on 48 hours notice for cancellations but in the current economic climate that's pretty difficult to enforce if you want to retain goodwill.Suppose I could always submit my invoice anyway(as well as check and see what's on at the flics).:smile:

We had two builders around to provide quotes last Monday and Tuesday for some work on our house. They both said they'd stick a quote through the letterbox but we're still waiting. Is this normal?!

We had two builders around to provide quotes last Monday and Tuesday for some work on our house. They both said they'd stick a quote through the letterbox but we're still waiting. Is this normal?!

Unless the job is big bucks they're probably not going to bother.

Back