• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Trying to get through to book an appointment with my doctor. Lines open a 8am, 9:33 and still engaged :thumbdown: How dare other people be ill!

We have a four GP practice to cover the three villages, you can always get through on the phone, usually get a same day appointment, they always squeeze you in if you say it's important, and the Surgery is a two minute walk. It's a hard life up here in the wilds!

PS - Ringback not working?

doc.gif

Smiley by Darksides.co.uk

Just use an NHS Drop-in Centre... Fine for most things apart from needing to be signed off (I think)

We have a four GP practice to cover the three villages, you can always get through on the phone, usually get a same day appointment, they always squeeze you in if you say it's important, and the Surgery is a two minute walk. It's a hard life up here in the wilds!

PS - Ringback not working?

Looks like I'm going have to either try again tomorrow or go to a walk in centre as there's no appointments left today when I got through (about 9:45) and no pre-bookable saturday ones until the new year :stunned:

Let's hope I'm not dying eh?

And as i drove to work after dropping baby off at nursery I realised that they're building a mahoosive estate (500+ houses and flats?) which all have to use the same one surgery for my part of Milton Keynes. Going to get a lot, lot worse.

Diclofenac, paracetomal and ice. Tubigrip's are crap. Just hoping and praying its sorts itself out for Thursday not much else I can do.

Not if folded back on each other. Worked for me in recovery from cruciate damage though a knee support was needed for footie for 4 or 5 years. Much against advice I used to sleep with it and wake up with enough mobility to get me by.

We had two builders around to provide quotes last Monday and Tuesday for some work on our house. They both said they'd stick a quote through the letterbox but we're still waiting. Is this normal?!

I'll let you know in a bit.

Several jobs on the roof of our quaint but old Victorian terrace! Mainly sorting out chimney stacks, leadwork and pointing. Also fixing a small flat roof.

Eek! Big money sounds right unfortunately. Thought of going through buildings insurance?

don't think it's an option with our policy, and none of it is emergency work, just jobs that do need sorting because one or two damp patches have emerged due to penetrating moisture from the chimney stacks.

Just use an NHS Drop-in Centre... Fine for most things apart from needing to be signed off (I think)

Used the hobble-in centre next to Clooney Sq when i had gout and my quack couldn't see me for a week. Only had to wait 20 mins as well.

So, toilet etiquette. Our office loo has 5 stand up urinals. 95% of the men in the office know how toilet etiquette works. If there's nobody there you go to one of the end ones. If there's someone at one end you go to the other end. If both ends are taken you go into the middle, that way nobody has the unnecessary awkwardness of someone standing right next to them when they're going. To me this is standard behaviour. The 2nd and 4th ones rarely get used unless the toilet is particularly busy (and you also have the option of heading to a cubicle). However there is the odd 5% who don't get it and will go to the 2nd or 4th which then creates tough decisions for anyone coming in if two people are going as they have to stand next to someone. Get the gamble wrong and the other guy will finish leaving two of you next to each other on a bank of 5 which will look odd to anyone else coming in. Stupid 5%. It's like when you're sat on a train and someone comes and sits right next to you despite the fact that there's loads of other empty seats available. Get out of my space you twunt!!

On another toilet note, not annoying as such but certainly odd. I was in a cubicle decreasing my mass, finished up and walked out. As I left the cubicle someone else walked into the toilet. Now they definitely saw me walk out, the door was still swinging shut and the cistern was audibly still refilling yet despite this he went straight into the one I just left. There are three other cubicles available! Why would you do this? I know everyone has a favourite 'trap' but that's just wrong. The cubicles are closed units so any odour tends to linger long after exit, never pleasant walking into one that you don't realise has been recently vacated (that slightly warm feeling on the toilet seat telling you that someone elses backside has recently been there) so why would you do it deliberately?

The **** in my town who doesn't drink on religious groundings but looks down her nose at anyone who so much as has one beer.

If you don't agree with drinking fair enough, but don't judge others. ****ing ****.

Oh and the following:

Tesco Click & Collect - Your bill is £xx, when you turn up we'll add a further 25% onto it.
South Essex Highways Agency - 5 weeks and they still can't send me a bloody form to claim for pothole damage
Vodafone - I have a contract where I can no longer see anything at all about my bill!
Home contents cover people - "If you renew you can have £30 cashback by the end of November"... Do i ****.

I notice that the local council has painted new yellow lines on the road when I walked to the station to work, though I didn't realise they employed five year olds on a sugar rush with a can of yellow paint and a brush. Straight lines? Who needs them!

Back