• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ha ha. I'll tell you how superior C2C are. Their idea for me to get to Basildon on Sunday was a train to Grays and a bus from there to Basildon. Nothing is annoying me today. The sun is out, the train is on time and in around 50 minutes I'll be sitting at my desk with a Costa Coffee. No Costa in HK. We have Starbucks and a local chain whose coffee isn't that great but an Italian close to the office that do a decent cup.

Actually I've just realised I have a minor moan. What's the point of a perfectly good coffee bean then putting milk, cream or sugar in it? Cappuccino, Latte are not coffee. Good old Americano or Espresso for me.

Lollypop Ladies. You are employed to assist children crossing busy roads to get to and from school. The postman, people on mobility scooters, dog walkers or anyone else on the sodding planet should be more than capable to get across without you jobworth tosspots stopping every other vehicle while brandishing that stick you carry like some Germanic Berserker. And for the one on Southend Road, Corringham, don't start a shouting match with a bloke who has just finished a 13 hour nightshift and is a tad tired. You will lose everytime.

Echo RSS feed on chit chat. Is it just me that finds this incredibly irritating. Post the full story. I don't come onto the zone to be redirected. (Misdirected for sure)

Single from Rayleigh Station to Rayleigh High Street. Geddouttahere ! Old or crippled fine. Bus driver should have told them to use their legs.

There's a college up the road from me - every lunchtime, the bloody little gobshites take the bus one stop, and about thirty seconds walking, up to the local best one, the local takeout, or the best of the polish shops in town.

Just 'cause you get it free, doesn't mean you can't use your legs you useless wastes of space!

Ok I'm going for it now. Mandatory service charges in restaurants. Is this actually legal ? Surely it is up to me to decide whether your service merits reward. Waiting 30 mins for a full English this morning. With a client so couldn't really cause a scene on bill payment.

Ok I'm going for it now. Mandatory service charges in restaurants. Is this actually legal ? Surely it is up to me to decide whether your service merits reward. Waiting 30 mins for a full English this morning. With a client so couldn't really cause a scene on bill payment.

Should have raised it with the management and I'm sure they would have dropped it. I completely agree, tipping should not be mandatory. Bugs me immensely when people tip on buffet restauraunts when all the staff have done it bring you a plate or just pointed you in the direction of the food.

Phoning up an 0845 number (A government department.) Being told that ''You are in a queue, and that your call will be answered shortly. Your call is important to us.''

It was not answered shortly. I was hanging on forever. But once you hang on for over 10 minutes you feel that you better not waste the money you've already spent on the call and that you may be next. Then I check up on my Mobile how much the call cost. Over £8.

Yes I used my mobile. Home phone not working. Should have used a public pay phone, but they are now expensive anyway when calling 0845 numbers, and all the fuss in getting change, lots of it. And all the public phones in Southend that I know, seem to have drug use leftovers or stink of urine, and with filthy unhygienic mouth and ear piece.

Now for a start these Government departments should not be 0845 or 0870, it really is taking the pee. Just another indirect tax on people. Secondly, they should tell you where you are in the queue, giving you the chance to hang up and try later.

The thought of having to fork out £280 on two tyres, if my motor fails its MOT tomorrow.

Phoning up an 0845 number (A government department.) Being told that ''You are in a queue, and that your call will be answered shortly. Your call is important to us.''

It was not answered shortly. I was hanging on forever. But once you hang on for over 10 minutes you feel that you better not waste the money you've already spent on the call and that you may be next. Then I check up on my Mobile how much the call cost. Over £8.

Yes I used my mobile. Home phone not working. Should have used a public pay phone, but they are now expensive anyway when calling 0845 numbers, and all the fuss in getting change, lots of it. And all the public phones in Southend that I know, seem to have drug use leftovers or stink of urine, and with filthy unhygienic mouth and ear piece.

Now for a start these Government departments should not be 0845 or 0870, it really is taking the pee. Just another indirect tax on people. Secondly, they should tell you where you are in the queue, giving you the chance to hang up and try later.

next time use http://www.saynoto0870.com

The unmistakeable 'clank clank clank'. I know it's warm today but it's hardly summer. Followed by a barefooted, flip-flop wearing city boy obviously on a promise. My pet city hate and we've not yet hit April. Would NEVER happen in HK I can tell you. Had a week back in commute mode, albeit 8-4 in the office on call from 5.30am. Now sitting on a train frantically trying to post before signal drops outside the station. School kids and screaming babies on the train as well.

The unmistakeable 'clank clank clank'. I know it's warm today but it's hardly summer. Followed by a barefooted, flip-flop wearing city boy obviously on a promise. My pet city hate and we've not yet hit April. Would NEVER happen in HK I can tell you. Had a week back in commute mode, albeit 8-4 in the office on call from 5.30am. Now sitting on a train frantically trying to post before signal drops outside the station. School kids and screaming babies on the train as well.

You are victor meldrew and i claim nothing.

Watching Sport Relief - announced that the Premier League contributed £250,000. ******* pathetic.

I really hope they misrepresented the figure somehow.

Watching Sport Relief - announced that the Premier League contributed £250,000. ******* pathetic.

I really hope they misrepresented the figure somehow.

I can imagine that as a percentage of average profits of PL clubs, that's maybe 200%? Most are loss making.

Did you donate 200% of your annual salary? ******* pathetic if not x

I can imagine that as a percentage of average profits of PL clubs, that's maybe 200%? Most are loss making.

Did you donate 200% of your annual salary? ******* pathetic if not x

Yeah, to be fair the exact origin of the figure wasn't properly explained and I did fly off the handle a bit. Charitable donations are generally not something I would dream of ranting about, falling firmly into the category of 'none of my damn business'.

Annual salary though is not the same as profit - I'm sure I'm in the same boat as a lot of us in making a loss over the last couple of years. I do take your point though, even though it was inaccurately expressed :raspberry:

After a journey to the homeland this weekend.

1) The utter selfish b@stard lorry driver who nearly wiped me and my family out as I joined the M1 by refusing to allow me in from the slip road. The evils I wish on him aren't suitable for this website on a monday morning.

2) Average speed cameras - Do they work? I was one of the very few that pootled along at 50mph on long sections of the M1 and M25. I was overtaken by all and sundry, including more lorry drivers. Either these cameras are dummies or the Government is absolutely raking it in with all the speeding tickets.

3) Extradonarily racist partners of family members. It was like being in an episode of BNP wives with a side order of The Daily Mail, where anything that went wrong was the fault of "a foreigner". What do you do or say in these situations? Thank god I see her once in a very blue moon.

Back