• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Umbrella control is awful, especially with students who walk in big packs, all with their umbrellas, chatting to their mates and looking on their iphones.

People who walk in a busy place whilst texting/playing on their phone. They just expect you to move out the way. I am surprised I haven't seen more head on collisions.

THIS!! people that carry their poxy umbrella with the sharp pointy bit behind them and instead of pointing it to the floor they swing it back and forward determined to stab the person behind them.

I agree!!! its an umbrella mate, not a F**king long sword!

that and anyone between 5'2" and 5'8" , as your raised umbrella is then at my eye level, and you have no umbrella control!

The price of glasses - now, I had laser surgery a few years ago, and despite what they say, it doesn't last forever, so once again I need specs for distance and driving. So had my eyetest, and then some trendy muppet tries to sell me some designer brand frames for stupid money. £250!!! Without the lenses? You say they're Ralph Lauren? **** me, who gives a ****?

The cut-price options were hideous, so I'm on the search now for a decent pair of Michael Caine - Million Dollar Brain - stylee for not stupid money.

In my old job, i did some book-keeping for an opticians, and my god, the mark up is a disgrace! Especiall when you consider poor sight is fundamentally a health issue!

That I have a banging headache!

flasher.gif

In my old job, i did some book-keeping for an opticians, and my god, the mark up is a disgrace! Especiall when you consider poor sight is fundamentally a health issue!

Tesco's, 2 pairs for £69. How Optical Express stays in business is beyond me.

I can live with chocolate tasting different ( I don't eat a great deal, if ever). I can live with Heinz Salad Cream tasting completely different but for a change I thought I'd invest in Lucozade Orange. 6 bottles of the stuff. Just opened one and I have no idea what it is supposed to be but it is nothing that I recognise either of orange or Lucozade. On the plus side we've just had the most spectacular electrical storm right overhead. Never seen one like that where, thunderclaps aside the sky was almost continuously alive with a mixture of sheet and forked light show.

Not being able to get on Shrimperzone all day. Fugging Network Rail, tomorrow better be different or I'm going all Homeland on the ****ers.

Getting a parking fine through the post for parking outside my daughters school for 6 seconds. I was actually driving down the road at the time, as the 3 photo's clearly show. I've seen some bad parking, but never seen a parent park on the yellow chevrons right in front of the school. That should have been a clue to check their evidence again. Those damned stupid spy car's. All the incovenience of appealing and making my case.

Surprise surprise the weather

got 3 jobs on at the moment ..

painting the outside of a house .. :darkcloud: .. nope

weeding and pruning a garden .. :darkcloud: .. nope

cutting up and laying some slabs .. with a 240v angle grinder, in the ****ing :darkcloud: .. nope

oh well

Surprise surprise the weather

got 3 jobs on at the moment ..

painting the outside of a house .. :darkcloud: .. nope

weeding and pruning a garden .. :darkcloud: .. nope

cutting up and laying some slabs .. with a 240v angle grinder, in the ****ing :darkcloud: .. nope

oh well

Back to bed mate? :smile:

The weather is really ****ing me off. :angry:

Back to bed mate? :smile:

The weather is really ****ing me off. :angry:

Managed an hours work before it started raining again .. tempted to kip it away but just stopped for a bite and a cuppa instead, looks like its cleared up again so off out again soon (the joy of working in the same street as you live)

cue DOWNPOURS ........

Talk of a minimum price per unit of booze. Couple of reasons: firstly it won't help people who are already hooked, they'll just be forced to more extreme lenghts to afford their fix and may force them onto meths and mouthwash quicker. Second, why should the rest of us who aren't causing a problem pay the nanny state to tell us what to do.

I do appreciate that this may be a move to discourage people from getting into problems in the first place, and encourage younger drinkers to be more moderate, but it's the vast, vast majority of (mainly) sensible drinkers who will be paying the price, quite literally.

I'm sure I'm not alone in enjoying a pint or three, or a bottle of wine, but it seems to me that 6 years ago the government took steps to make alcohol more widely available to all with the new licensing regime (which I have extensive experience of), and now we're paying for their lack of foresight. Sigh. As a side note, I also used to enjoy the occassional drop of whisky but with prices for even crappy blended scotch looking to top £20 a bottle, that'll be a thing of the past.

I hope this doesn't come in, and they can find another way to achieve their agenda of promoting public health.

Anyway, I'm probably wrong, but it annoyed me on the way to work this morning.

Back