• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Kids having parties on a Saturday that stop me going to football. :thumbdown:

do you charge for doing the Credit checks and getting references though, a lot of the upfront charges go under other Names.

Yes, we charge for referencing but that's really only once you've gone through certain other stuff. I have replied by pm to LCCB.

Kwik Fit
Late Friday evening I noticed a warning light on my taxi indicating there was a problem with my brakes. Only place open was Kwik Fit who charged me just over £200 for brakes and pads. I am aware that I could had gone elsewhere, but knowing my luck I would had been involved in an accident and done for having dodgy brakes (not that they felt dodgy). Today it's the exhaust and the quoted me £917 for a cat and new parts of the exhaust. Took the taxi to a garage in Wakering to get a quote for £350.
How can a company charge that much extra for an exhaust is beyond me.

Kwik Fit
Late Friday evening I noticed a warning light on my taxi indicating there was a problem with my brakes. Only place open was Kwik Fit who charged me just over £200 for brakes and pads. I am aware that I could had gone elsewhere, but knowing my luck I would had been involved in an accident and done for having dodgy brakes (not that they felt dodgy). Today it's the exhaust and the quoted me £917 for a cat and new parts of the exhaust. Took the taxi to a garage in Wakering to get a quote for £350.

Because you can't get dearer than a kwik fit fitter.

Kwik Fit

God help anyone that books an MOT with them. Can you imagine all the faults they would find, and the cost of repairs.

Kwik Fit

If you can, get to Castle Point Motors on Manor Trading Estate, they do loads of taxis and are pretty good.

Yet another family holiday has been hijacked by my wife's family.

We booked to go away over May half term so that my wife can visit her elderly aunt, and her aunt can meet our boys before she pops her clogs.

Unfortunately my wife's aunt's grand daughter has now decided that would be the perfect week to get married. So once again our family holiday has turned into a family holiday. My wife's brother and sister plus spouses are most likely to now be going, along with my mother in law.

Last time we visited this aunt (pre-kids), her eldest grand daughter decided to get married...

People who queue to get on trains at Farringdon.

When I get off the train there is always a scrum of people at one of the doors because a whole load of people get off directly opposite the entrance to the underground. That's not a problem, but whilst a whole load of people are getting off, no-one can get on, so these people stand there like idiots clogging up the whole platform so no-one can get passed them.

Can they not see another door to the same carriage about 5 meters to their left with no-one getting off? Would it really hurt them to get on there instead?

Dodgy delivery men.

WAiting for a package and today it was delivered at 11:21 and signed for by me, with my name clearly signed for on the proof of delivery.

Whats odd is Ive been in London all day and no one at home.

This has happened before, the delivery man leaves it in my porch then signs for it himself. Crooked *******s.

Back