• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

A friend of mine son wants to rent a property and has been told by the agents they want threehundred and fifty pounds introduction fee , Robbing B------s .:angry:

Are you sure it's an "introduction" fee? It's common to pay an administration fee to a lettings agent if you're wanting to sign up and rent a property. It's a way for them to pass on costs (and make a tidy profit) at the expense of someone who's keen to rent. Frustrating, but that's the game. If you don't want (or can't afford) the admin fee then look for a privately organised rental.

A friend of mine son wants to rent a property and has been told by the agents they want threehundred and fifty pounds introduction fee , Robbing B------s .:angry:

Are you saying he wants to rent out a property that he owns to someone else or that he wants to rent a property to live in himself? If you clarify I will ask our lettings manager (tomorrow as he's off today) and come back with a definite answer for you.

Are you saying he wants to rent out a property that he owns to someone else or that he wants to rent a property to live in himself? If you clarify I will ask our lettings manager (tomorrow as he's off today) and come back with a definite answer for you.
Thank you for the reply , he wants to rent a property for himself and partner .

I usually take a mega dose of Vitamin C from October through to April. I take 1000mg daily and have only had one cold back on November because I forget to start taking them. Once I did, I've really not been troubled.

Indeed, the placebo effect can be very powerful.

There is no evidence that vitamin C makes any difference. There is, however, evidence that taking zinc in the first 24 hours of your symptoms showing lessens the severity of the symptoms, and reduces the length of a cold. That is what I do, and it does seem to work (note, only seems to work). The colds I get don't last all that long, and usually allow me to struggle through work without taking anything else.

Have a read of this:

NHS

Surely that should be paid by the landlord? The agent is acting on behalf of the landlord. What if he is the only person willing to rent the property, and refuses to pay, then the landlord loses out because they want money from your friend?

Sounds a bit like a protection racket to me.

That said, are you sure it isn't just a deposit?

I work for a national company and I'm not able to book a ****ing meeting room outside of MK :angry:

Just have your meeting via teleconference on the train. It doesn't matter if you're in the quiet zone and your signal keeps on dropping, just shout even louder.

Thank you for the reply , he wants to rent a property for himself and partner .

Ok, will check on this for you and respond tomorrow. Doesn't sound right to me, unless, as LB says, it is a deposit...although £350 isn't much of a deposit.

Any adults, unaccompanied by children, who chose to go to the Natural History Museum today.

It's half term you idiots. We *have* to go when schools are off, why would you?

Back