• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The arsehole who's messed my paint job up at the bottom of the stairs. Gotta recoat it now!! I left signs everywhere aswell.

Didn't funk me off personally, but it's easy to see why traffic wardens are one of the world's most hated professions (if you can call it that). Taxi pulls up outside MK station in a disabled bay for no longer than 2 minutes to let out his fare. Traffic warden (who looked about 13) rushes over like Linford Christie, digital camera at the ready. Now there was literally 20 or so empty disabled parking bays spare so the taxi was hardly blocking anyone.

People that walk passed you at speed and then pull in right in front of you expecting you to check your stride to accomodate them. I've given up caring, I just carry on walking, and nearly trip them over. The best bit is they always say sorry to me!

People that walk passed you at speed and then pull in right in front of you expecting you to check your stride to accomodate them. I've given up caring, I just carry on walking, and nearly trip them over. The best bit is they always say sorry to me!

Good work! I'm noticing a walking theme on this thread, it's so annoying. One student slammed past me on my corridor the other day and turned around a smirked. Then he looked shocked and embarrassed when I took my key out and opened up my office.

The hot weather.

I am working from home in a pair of pants to keep cool.

Good work! I'm noticing a walking theme on this thread, it's so annoying. One student slammed past me on my corridor the other day and turned around a smirked. Then he looked shocked and embarrassed when I took my key out and opened up my office.

He would have looked even more shocked if you had taken your key out and plunged it into his eye.

The prick on his bike outside Benfleet station who rode at me on the pavement going "excuse me!!!" with the only place I can go being the place he's meant to go... the road. After a little exchange of words he backed the **** up.

Meetings that are timetabled to last 30 mins and end up lasting 2 1/2hrs because people can't stick to the topic in hand. Just eating my lunch now :sad:

Meetings that are timetabled to last 30 mins and end up lasting 2 1/2hrs because people can't stick to the topic in hand. Just eating my lunch now :sad:

Already had mine
2z4h8qf.jpg

The prick on his bike outside Benfleet station who rode at me on the pavement going "excuse me!!!" with the only place I can go being the place he's meant to go... the road. After a little exchange of words he backed the **** up.

That reminds me of another one. Cyclists on the pavement, who expect you to get out of the way at the sound of their bell, and cyclists that don't dismount when using a pedestrian (the clue's in the name) crossing. These days I just take the route over the crossing that I want, and if they don't fall off their bike trying to avoid me I try and buckle a few spokes with a good kick, disguised as a step whilst trying to avoid them!

That reminds me of another one. Cyclists on the pavement, who expect you to get out of the way at the sound of their bell, and cyclists that don't dismount when using a pedestrian (the clue's in the name) crossing. These days I just take the route over the crossing that I want, and if they don't fall off their bike trying to avoid me I try and buckle a few spokes with a good kick, disguised as a step whilst trying to avoid them!

Agreed. Problem is, these twerps give cyclists who use the road properly a bad name.

Other than that though, not much is hacking me off today. Still a good few hours ahead for things to **** up though.

The pavement outside Benfleet station is a cyclepath all the way to Canvey however it is not clear where it actually begins - I suspect it starts by the perspex bike shelter.

The two hugely fat women who got on my train this morning talking at the tops of their voices that actually made all the people around them put down their books and newspapers because they couldn't concentrate, but more importantly stopped me having a quick power nap...note to the two fat bitches, no-one is interested in the internal workings of Camden Social Services, and no, talking loudly and discussing something no-else knows about (or even cares about) doesn't make you intelligent...oh, and lose weight so maybe the guy sitting next to one of you could actually be allowed his whole seat.

blokes who wear trainers with a suit on their commute to work, I can understand why girls go with sensible shoes for the journey but the guys too? man up!

The ***** who fly-tipped a load of junk in our residents car park last night - I thought I heard something at about 10pm but couldn't see anything outside. Worst thing is the other end of our road there is a recycling centre thats open 7 days a week. And in the other direction are several charity shops that would have been grateful for the stuff.

Two things;

a) People who can't park between white lines. The works car park I'm in (which already is an overflow one) is pretty small, spaces for about 20 cars. Some numbnuts feels the need to take two spaces because they have the inability to park between white lines.

b) Women can wear pretty much what they want at work while I'm in the usual shirt/trousers/tie. There's a woman near me who's wearing red trainers and grey jogging bottoms like she's at the gym! Sexist!

waiting for phone calls that never come, pretty annoying. also we have 4 'general' administrators who deal with the post, typically it's a monday in the summer and so all four are 'off sick'. the post hasn't come up yet of which I know there is some important stuff... spoke to a Prof's PA and mentioned this, they basically said not my problem. I went down to ask for the post and was told I'm not allowed, it has to be an admin :stunned:

also, giving a presentation right at the end of a 4 hour NHS Trust Board meeting this afternoon. I asked if I could come in towards the end, but no, got to listen to the whole thing:zzzzz:

People who moan about thier mundane boring lifes when others are straving or being shot at or abused or raped or buggered or all of those at the same time,smile get on with it,its life and you are very lucky.
Also people who moan about people who moan hack me right off.

People who moan about thier mundane boring lifes when others are straving or being shot at or abused or raped or buggered or all of those at the same time,smile get on with it,its life and you are very lucky.
Also people who moan about people who moan hack me right off.

I think the technical name is "First World Problems".

Back