• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

People at work who do not remove and bin the foil lid under the plastic screw top of milk bottles.

Lazy ****ers.

People at work who do not remove and bin the foil lid under the plastic screw top of milk bottles.

Lazy ****ers.

What - throw away the seal for the lid??? The foil disc should be carefully removed to maintain its integrity, and placed into the plastic screw cap foil side out so that when the cheap badly moulded screw cap is re-attached to the bottle it actually makes an airtight seal, prolonging the life of the milk and helping to stop leaks and drips if the bottle is at any point moved from the vertical!

What - throw away the seal for the lid??? The foil disc should be carefully removed to maintain its integrity, and placed into the plastic screw cap foil side out so that when the cheap badly moulded screw cap is re-attached to the bottle it actually makes an airtight seal, prolonging the life of the milk and helping to stop leaks and drips if the bottle is at any point moved from the vertical!

Crazy talk. You're crazy.

mind-blown.gif

David Mellor going on a rant to a taxi driver, and asking ''Do you know who I am?'', and then saying ''You don't know as much about London as I do.'' ''You've been driving a cab for 10 years? I have been in the cabinet, I'm an award winning broadcaster, I'm a Queens Counsel.'' ''You think your experiences are anything compared to mine? Just shut up.''

Some of these politicians or ex politicians still look down on the rest of us. They think they are the big I am, and whiter than white, as they claim for everything under the sun and fiddle their expenses.
No Mellor, you 'Just shut up.'

David Mellor going on a rant to a taxi driver, and asking ''Do you know who I am?'', and then saying ''You don't know as much about London as I do.'' ''You've been driving a cab for 10 years? I have been in the cabinet, I'm an award winning broadcaster, I'm a Queens Counsel.'' ''You think your experiences are anything compared to mine? Just shut up.''

Some of these politicians or ex politicians still look down on the rest of us. They think they are the big I am, and whiter than white, as they claim for everything under the sun and fiddle their expenses.

Why couldn't he have just dragged the driver out the window and kicked him unconscious like a normal Chelsea fan?

Not that I'd want to stand up for the odious nob but any info on what the taxi driver said to (or ranted at) Mellor to provoke the rant? Sounds to me like an "I know London better than you guvnor" type ****ing contest in which Mellor was perfectly entitled to detail his credentials.

I doubt Mellor's first words on entering the cab were "Morning sir, do you know who I am?"

Not that I'd want to stand up for Mellor but any info on what the taxi driver said to (or ranted at) him to provoke the rant?

I doubt Mellor's first words on entering the cab were "Morning sir, do you know who I am?"

I think it was the route said taxi driver was using. He wasn't an American tourist after all. :smile:

Not that I'd want to stand up for the odious nob but any info on what the taxi driver said to (or ranted at) Mellor to provoke the rant? Sounds to me like an "I know London better than you guvnor" type ****ing contest in which Mellor was perfectly entitled to detail his credentials.

And he only sent a part recording to The Sun. Now there's a surprise.

Here's a bit more on it. In fairness to Mr Mellor, I will copy and paste everything said by both parties when available.

During the heated row Mr Mellor labelled the taxi driver a "smart-arsed little git" before reeling off his own lifetime achievements, according to The Sun.

But the former Tory politician told the paper he had been "seriously provoked" by the black cab driver, who is only described as a 38-year-old from south east London.

The radio presenter jumped in to a taxi with his partner Lady Penelope, chairman of VisitEngland, after she had been presented with a CBE by the Prince of Wales for her services to tourism, on Friday evening.

The couple were picked up outside a restaurant in Marylebone High Street, central London at 5.50pm and wanted to travel five miles to St Katharine Docks, east London.

In the secret mobile phone recording, Mr Mellor, 65 is heard accusing the taxi driver of not taking them on the quickest route.

And when the unnamed cab driver insisted he was driving the quickest route during rush hour, Mr Mellor asked: "Who are you to question me?"

He then added: "You've been driving a cab for 10 years, I've been on the Cabinet, I'm an award-winning broadcaster, I'm a Queen's Counsel - you think that your experiences are anything compared to mine?

"I don't want to hear from you, shut the f*** up. Smart-arse little b******."

During the audio clip, Mr Mellor repeatedly threatened to name the taxi driver on his LBC radio show, which he co-presents with former Mayor of London Ken Livingstone on Saturday mornings.

He finally paid the £29 taxi fare with a £50 note, before telling the driver to "f**k off", according to the paper.

The fact I can't find either of my V5's for both my cars! Just had to pay £25 for my MG one so I can tax it.

Mellor in the wrong according to how it was just reported on BBC News.

Sometimes cab drivers might not take an expected route because there is a hold up on it, a detour, especially for someone as well known as Mellor was unlikely to be unnecessary. Just because he's been a cabinet minister and worked in London for years doesn't necessarily mean he knows the best route to take at any particular time!

And as if you pay with a £50 note?!!! ****!

And as if you pay with a £50 note?!!! ****!

Agreed.

Fifties are for tipping.

Everything else goes on my account and I have accounts in establishments as diverse as Porters, Clouseau's, The Sutton Arms and The Woodgrange.

Last edited:
Back