• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Just got a papercut on my tongue from licking an envelope. Really painful and bleeding a lot.

Must buy more expensive self sealing envelopes in the future.

^^ that's painful just thinking about it.

The lack of volunteers at work for me today.

one bloke I work with always says fruitition instead of fruition

My mate was telling me all about his mum's dymentia (pronounced di-menture). Even when I showed him the 'e' in dementia he said that his pronunciation was correct. Waterboarding's too good for the illiterate *******s.

The fact that every person alive seems to carry their umbrella at exactly my eye height.

Oh, and every person alive also appears to have absolutely zero spatial awareness.

Also - my wife and her entire family pronounce 'diabetes' as 'diabet-USS', but to be fair this is an ongoing issue and hasn't yet annoyed me today.

Edit: I am now actually quite annoyed thinking about it. Dammit.

Toshiba being ****ing pricks. Hard disk failed so it doesn't load the OS and just shows a blank screen with a message saying there is no bootable drive. Call up first time and find I'm a day out of warranty, they say I have to buy backup media to try and reinstall windows (oh yeah like that will work when they confirmed themselves it was a hard disk problem). That is £30-odd paid, although if I get a new hard disk then I'll have to install windows anyway.

So I try it and it doesn't work, oh really?

Call back and they ask me how I did it and so I did. Seems that I did it wrong, not sure how you can do something wrong when the only thing I could possibly do is turn it on and be confronted with the same error message. They then offer to run through how to do it properly, but say it will cost me .... £35, yes £35 to tell me how to install windows. Something which can be found for FREE online. Not only that, but it was an 0844 number so they would have made more.

Obviously I hung up, not paying £35 for someone to tell me how to reinstall windows (or attempt). Absolute joke.

Now I'm going to have to try again and write down step by step exactly what I did.

:angry:

Toshiba being ****ing pricks. Hard disk failed so it doesn't load the OS and just shows a blank screen with a message saying there is no bootable drive. Call up first time and find I'm a day out of warranty, they say I have to buy backup media to try and reinstall windows (oh yeah like that will work when they confirmed themselves it was a hard disk problem). That is £30-odd paid, although if I get a new hard disk then I'll have to install windows anyway.

So I try it and it doesn't work, oh really?

Call back and they ask me how I did it and so I did. Seems that I did it wrong, not sure how you can do something wrong when the only thing I could possibly do is turn it on and be confronted with the same error message. They then offer to run through how to do it properly, but say it will cost me .... £35, yes £35 to tell me how to install windows. Something which can be found for FREE online. Not only that, but it was an 0844 number so they would have made more.

Obviously I hung up, not paying £35 for someone to tell me how to reinstall windows (or attempt). Absolute joke.

Now I'm going to have to try again and write down step by step exactly what I did.

:angry:

1. Have you plugged it in?
2. Is it switched on?
3. Now, press Ctrl Alt Del and select Shut Down.
4. Restart the laptop.

I'm not even it tech support but it should now work perfectly.

:thumbsup:

*runs*

1. Have you plugged it in?
2. Is it switched on?
3. Now, press Ctrl Alt Del and select Shut Down.
4. Restart the laptop.

I'm not even it tech support but it should now work perfectly.

:thumbsup:

*runs*

You say that, but I don't believe you :winking:

I did it slightly different.

1. Plug it in
2. Switch it on
3. Error message comes up
4. Reboot (see illustration below)
5. Repeat step 4 until anger has subsided or energy depleated.

Computer-Kicking-Man-Photo-10003000504%5B1%5D.jpg

Chapperz, probably a failed HDD as you say, but do open it up and unplug it and plug it back in again, that has solved issues for me in the past, so worth a go before replacing.

Anyway, thats enough about you.

U2 tickets.

Bono, the man of charity work, the man who forced a billion people to have his album for free.

So today I spend $50 to joing U2.cm to get the privilege of being able to buy U2 tickets pre-sales.

I then get average seats for £90 each, (Cheapest standing was £55) and I then have to pay £1 a ticket facility charge. Ok fair enough. Hold on I now have to pay another £11 "facility charge" Wtf is that ?. Postage £5

So over £200 for two tickets + the $50 membership.

Gee thats ok though, I got the album for free after all.

U2 tickets.

Bono, the man of charity work, the man who forced a billion people to have his album for free.

So today I spend $50 to joing U2.cm to get the privilege of being able to buy U2 tickets pre-sales.

I then get average seats for £90 each, (Cheapest standing was £55) and I then have to pay £1 a ticket facility charge. Ok fair enough. Hold on I now have to pay another £11 "facility charge" Wtf is that ?. Postage £5

So over £200 for two tickets + the $50 membership.

Gee thats ok though, I got the album for free after all.

Well Jammy, it was your choice! The fact that you're seeing these irrelevant dinosaurs should be reason enough to be ****ed off :smile:

Back