• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What have you watched on TV?

If you've got a quiet afternoon and fancy something a bit Christmassy, then Christmas in the Cotswolds is on C5. It features our very own local boy and fanatical Southend supporter, Lewis Griffiths.

I don't like Oxford v Cambridge episodes because I want both teams to lose.

One thing less for these tense overachievers to put on their CVs.
I always cheer on the university of life, they never win but they get to eat all cream buns in the green room first.

Don't often come on here..........but here I am! I saw a series a while back, 'The Tourist,' set in Australia with Jamie Dornan as someone who lost their memory following a car crash. It was written by Jack and Harry Williams (Baptiste series), with loads of black humour and shades of the Coen Brothers. I really liked it, so when I saw that a new series 'Boat Story' (BBC1), by the same duo, was being aired with a great cast including Daisy Haggard, Paterson Joseph, Tchéky Karyo and the wonderful Joanna Scanlan I felt it must be worth a watch. I'm aware this may well divide opinion and won't be for everyone but I'm loving it.............maybe I'm weird??? It is brilliantly original, complex, incredibly funny at times and fantastically written. There is still a feeling of the Coen Brothers about it but throw in a good dash of Quentin Tarantino as well. It reminds me a bit of the fantastic cult series 'Utopia' which sadly didn't get the credit it really deserved ! I just hope there are enough people who will take pleasure in it as I have, why not give it a try?

Last edited:
JFK Assassination: What happened in the trauma room" on Channel 5 and available on catch-up.

Fascinating two-hour documentary of that awful day in Dallas with testimonies from the doctors who treated JFK first. Eye-opening and at times a difficult watch but extremely well put together.

Don't often come on here..........but here I am! I saw a series a while back, 'The Tourist,' set in Australia with Jamie Dornan as someone who lost their memory following a car crash. It was written by Jack and Harry Williams (Baptiste series), with loads of black humour and shades of the Coen Brothers. I really liked it, so when I saw that a new series 'Boat Story' (BBC1), by the same duo, was being aired with a great cast including Daisy Haggard, Paterson Joseph, Tchéky Karyo and the wonderful Joanna Scanlan I felt it must be worth a watch. I'm aware this may well divide opinion and won't be for everyone but I'm loving it.............maybe I'm weird??? It is brilliantly original, complex, incredibly funny at times and fantastically written. There is still a feeling of the Coen Brothers about it but throw in a good dash of Quentin Tarantino as well. It reminds me a bit of the fantastic cult series 'Utopia' which sadly didn't get the credit it really deserved ! I just hope there are enough people who will take pleasure in it as I have, why not give it a try?
Got this lined up to watch, if it's anywhere near as good as the Tourist I'll be happy. Daisy Haggard is pretty good in anything she does as well

Watched the Enfield Poltergeist documentary on Apple TV was interesting.On a lighter note Watched the first season of Ted Lasso which I'm enjoying

Back