• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What have you watched on TV?

I was in the print Industry for 22 years, & the company i worked for also published many weekly London Newspapers.
Point i'm getting at, is i knew many of the reporters who would think nothing of rubbishing the reputation of anyone, irrelevant of the known facts. If at a future date their allegations about someone were unfounded, there would be a paragraph at most on an inner page mentioning it. Shocking journalism.
I’ve always thought that any apology/ admission of error should be on the same page/ same size head line as the original allegation

Rocky Horror is 50 YEARS OLD!!!

It's bound to be a little dated in places, you have to appreciate the 50s background to it. Having been won over in the late 70s, I remain mildly obsessed with and absolutely love it.

In the original film, Tim Curry is sublime as Frank. I've seen many stage versions of it over the years, and the ONLY person to have come close to Tim's performance is the great man himself, Richard O'Brien, who I was lucky enough to see step in to understudy Tim McInnerny on the 25th Anniversary tour in London. Best live show Frank ever - and with a great cast (Ade Edmonson as Brad, Gina Bellman as Janet and Ed Tudorpole as Riff Raff).

Rocky Horror is 50 YEARS OLD!!!

It's bound to be a little dated in places, you have to appreciate the 50s background to it. Having been won over in the late 70s, I remain mildly obsessed with and absolutely love it.

In the original film, Tim Curry is sublime as Frank. I've seen many stage versions of it over the years, and the ONLY person to have come close to Tim's performance is the great man himself, Richard O'Brien, who I was lucky enough to see step in to understudy Tim McInnerny on the 25th Anniversary tour in London. Best live show Frank ever - and with a great cast (Ade Edmonson as Brad, Gina Bellman as Janet and Ed Tudorpole as Riff Raff).

Richard O'Brien was great in The Crystal Maze.

Started "Lawmen Bass Reeves"

Followes a black man who was a slave up until the civil war and then became a lawman after emancipation.

Based on a true story and well acted.

Started "Lawmen Bass Reeves"

Followes a black man who was a slave up until the civil war and then became a lawman after emancipation.

Based on a true story and well acted.
Where is it on? Apple?
There was a low budget film about the same person, out a few years ago, I can't recall the title but okay viewing.

I binged the first season of Welcome to Wrexham last week, loved it! Definite parallels of our own situation, and great to see what can happen to the feelgood factor after a takeover.

However, Season Two has been a bit weird so far, as was being talked about in the takeover thread. An episode I watched today gave about half the show to publicise Dorking Wanderers and some American soap actress who kept not winning an Emmy.

Back