• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What have you watched on TV?

Back to topic. The Fall of the House of Usher is superb. 2 episodes in and it's glorious.

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw episode 4 of The Reckoning last night and episode 3 on Monday.While I didn't care too much for the simpering caricature of Mrs Thatcher in Episode 3, generally this has been IMO the best thing on the box recently,

Last edited:
I hope I do not start some controversy but.....

I am enjoying the new season of GBBO, not for the hosts and poor wit; but because of the bakes, which are fairly normal, standard home cooking: AND also as the bakers are pleasant and engaging individuals.

And

Series 4 of "All Creatures great and small", pleasant viewing, getting a bit woke but still good acting and scenery.

Saw and enjoyed Fleetwood Mac at the BBC earlier.While I remain a great fan of Peter Green's original Fleetwood Mac & their 12 bar blues TBF the stuff after he left wsn't too bad eiter (First time I'ever said or thought that).

Saw the Laura K. show earlier.Victoria Derbyshire presented it for the 3rd week running.Is Laura K. ill? Has she got covid? Will VD be her permanent replacement? FWIW, I think the viewing public should be told).

As it happens I much prefer VD's presenting style.She started off today's show with a look at the news +Sunday papers .Just as Andrew Marr used to.

( Before Naps.makes a complaint I should point out that I'm talking about process here and not content).

Yes, I remember watching the Louis Theroux interview, in fact, that's who I thought the guy interviewing him in this series was supposed to be at first.

Saw the Laura K. show earlier.Victoria Derbyshire presented it for the 3rd week running.Is Laura K. ill? Has she got covid? Will VD be her permanent replacement? FWIW, I think the viewing public should be told).

As it happens I much prefer VD's presenting style.She started off today's show with a look at the news +Sunday papers .Just as Andrew Marr used to.

( Before Naps.makes a complaint I should point out that I'm talking about process here and not content).
Her father's death on 2nd October may explain her absence.

Indeed, Kay - they were happy to keep the lid on Lydon's comments.

It illustrates the power Savile had at the time and wielded for at least the next fifteen years. Also, fair play to Louis Theroux (back in 2000) for broaching the concerns with Savile on camera: ->

https://www.bing.com/videos/riverview/relatedvideo?q=louis theroux jimmy savile documentary&mid=F5096002EFE1511FE79AF5096002EFE1511FE79A&ajaxhist=0
I think JL was too outspoken on many things, and sometimes thing get lost or not believed because of a persons belief.
JL is a very intelligent person, his autobiography one of the best I have read, but people judge others without truly knowing them, hence JL appearance and at the time many were not ready for a young punk who spoke that many felt was offensive and lets be honest if he hadnot come across swearing he may have been able to get things across better, but again we were all young once
Just so many young innocents could have been saved, if just one paper had the balls to investigate further on these claims

I think JL was too outspoken on many things, and sometimes thing get lost or not believed because of a persons belief.
JL is a very intelligent person, his autobiography one of the best I have read, but people judge others without truly knowing them, hence JL appearance and at the time many were not ready for a young punk who spoke that many felt was offensive and lets be honest if he hadnot come across swearing he may have been able to get things across better, but again we were all young once
Just so many young innocents could have been saved, if just one paper had the balls to investigate further on these claims
Indeed. The Beeb and the news media appeared more wary of Savile. At that time, Lydon had already felt the 'moral panic' of the media and he could be more easily ignored.

Back