• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What have you watched on TV?

Game of Thrones -From beginning to end, again! Still a fabulous series and I keep on seeing bits I missed first time round.

While I think of it saw 2 programmes on BBC4 on Friday night featuring Paul Weller.The first Paul Weller at the BBC highloghting The Jam (who i saw Twice back in the day) qnd the Style Council (who regretably I never got to see live.The 2nd Paul Weller at The Barbican, mainly featuring his solo stuff,which curiously enpugh I've never been able to stand.A pity since he plays here pretty much every year,including last month.

Last edited:
The long shadow ( Yorkshire ripper), very good.
I don’t know enough to say if it’s fairly accurate or very accurate.

Me thing which was accurate was tthe error in not spotting why the tape recording was obviously not ‘the ripper’ is awful. ( won’t add details as to spoil it)

Last edited:
Soldier. Tonight was final episode 5 of series following 45 spotty, mainly northern no hope kids join the infantry training school at Catterick.
6 months later just over half pass out and they are very much improved adult professionals.

9/10

The Beatles… I love them (who wouldn’t) - can’t deny I had a tear in my eye watching the Now and Then music video at the end

See Laura K. was back on BBC! earlier presenting her own show after a month's leave of absence.Times have clearly changed.
Laura Kuenssberg was back on screen this morning after her month-long break following the death of her businessman father Nick Kuenssberg. Seems to me it's not at unreasonable for that sort of break after the death of a parent, so times haven't changed at all.

Laura Kuenssberg was back on screen this morning after her month-long break following the death of her businessman father Nick Kuenssberg. Seems to me it's not at unreasonable for that sort of break after the death of a parent, so times haven't changed at all.

As I said times have changed.Back in the day (ie in the 60's,after the death of our father (not long after my 16th birtday IIRC ,which I do) my younger brother (not Rob Noxious but the venture capitalist ,now retired,not on SZ ) and I went to school as usual the next day.Perhaps we should have petioned for a month's leave of absence? Not that I'm comparing myself with Laura K . in any way . :Winking:

Last edited:
Binged Bridget Christie's 'The Change' over 2 evenings. Wonderful sitcom - of all the comedy shows I've watched in the last decade I'd put it second only to Detectorists (which it's quite similar to in some ways).

Quite enjoyed the first couple of ABBA repeats on BBC4 last night.As Tony Blackburn said they were "eye-candy" at the time also ear & mind candy but they did make some great songs.

Game of Thrones -From beginning to end, again! Still a fabulous series and I keep on seeing bits I missed first time round.
I think I have watched now about 4 times and still see bits I have missed

Reactions: RHB
Interesting to see the Laura K .show earlier.Fascinating to see Israel's President holding up a copy of Hitler's Mein kampf to make his point.

Last edited:
Back