• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2024/25 - Time to Cook šŸ‘Øā€šŸ³

Transfer news
Itā€™s a balancing act isnā€™t it, and one Iā€™m glad Iā€™m not in charge of.

This is all made up figures here:

Letā€™s say, for arguments sake, Ā£1500 a week is what we have dedicated to a fourth striker. Weā€™d pay that towards Tshimangaā€™s wages today. However, we are speaking to other targets and one agrees to join us next week, and will get Ā£1200 a week. Start of September, Tshimanga hasnā€™t got an EFL move and Posh ring us up and say we will take Ā£1500 per week.

Weā€™ve missed out on a top target because weā€™ve moved onto another one.

As I say, all made up figures and just a scenario. What do you do in that instance?
Like you, I'm glad I'm not in charge of it either as there is an element of risk involved in both strategies.

My guess on this one is that on the Tshimanga deal, we'll wait it out and start the season with just 3 strikers and Wood as back up, hoping that nobody comes in for Tshimanga or our back up target in the mean time.

We have the option to change our strategy should one of our strikers get injured in the first few weeks.

Letā€™s say, for arguments sake, Ā£1500 a week is what we have dedicated to a fourth striker. Weā€™d pay that towards Tshimangaā€™s wages today. However, we are speaking to other targets and one agrees to join us next week, and will get Ā£1200 a week. Start of September, Tshimanga hasnā€™t got an EFL move and Posh ring us up and say we will take Ā£1500 per week.

As I say, all made up figures and just a scenario. What do you do in that instance?

As for an ultimatum, we kind of have in terms of what we are prepared to offer. We arenā€™t going any higher, Posh have to come down. At the minute, they donā€™t want to go down. Would be better for them to get Tshimanga a permanent deal as they get a transfer fee and 100% of his wages off the books.
you sign the one thats a permanent signing not the loan signing, that would be my preference

As for an ultimatum, we kind of have in terms of what we are prepared to offer. We arenā€™t going any higher, Posh have to come down. At the minute, they donā€™t want to go down. Would be better for them to get Tshimanga a permanent deal as they get a transfer fee and 100% of his wages off the books.
We also have to remember that there will definitely be more clubs than just Swindon that will be willing to offer a fee. Strikers that score goals are hard to come by and clubs panic as the window gets nearer to shutting. Even if Posh don't get offered the fee they want, they may very well take Ā£50k less to get him off the books entirely. Plenty of clubs may come in at the last minute with such an offer.

The percentage of a successful loan for us is minimal at this point it would seem. I just hope the other targets are not all gone by then.

Last edited:
But the wage thing isnā€™t anything to do with him. He signed a contract with Posh, Posh want a percentage of this covered whilst out on loan, that isnā€™t Tshimangaā€™s fault.

We are still talking to other targets too, we arenā€™t just talking to him.
I didn't say it was his fault, but my logic stands, I think the move would disrrupt the squad unity. It's all about opinions.

I didn't say it was his fault, but my logic stands, I think the move would disrrupt the squad unity. It's all about opinions.

Thatā€™s fair enough.

With the amount of due diligence that Kev & co do on future signings, Iā€™d be shocked if he was a player that would disrupt the squad unity.

Thatā€™s fair enough.

With the amount of due diligence that Kev & co do on future signings, Iā€™d be shocked if he was a player that would disrupt the squad unity.
Per se you are probably right, but the amounts of wages involved could well affect some of the mind sets of our squad, even if they wouldn't admit it. Either way, it's kev and Tom's call at the end of the day.

Seems a strange one to be released. This is where we have to rely on the scouting our guys do. Is he disruptive, work shy etc? Not suggesting any of these things but we can be confident our team will know.

Per se you are probably right, but the amounts of wages involved could well affect some of the mind sets of our squad, even if they wouldn't admit it. Either way, it's kev and Tom's call at the end of the day.
I think that only applies if we signed him up to that contract and he was on 3 times what other players are on at the club. Then you have disparity and division in the squad which is totally wrong. I don't think players care what a loan player is on if it is the parent club that pays it. It's not Southend that is paying it, only a fraction of it. If anything, players should aspire to get to that level.

If you're a player that really loves the game and wants to be successful, you accept players coming in that improve your chances of promotion. As I say, if I'm Cardwell and Southend are paying me Ā£1500 and they are paying Tshimanga Ā£1500, there is no problem. If Posh are paying the remainder that is irrelevant on the Southend training ground.

Back