• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2024/25 - Time to Cook šŸ‘Øā€šŸ³

Transfer news
Because Darragh isnā€™t speaking truthfully thereā€¦
Having just listened to the Podcast, to be be fair to Darragh he is actually encouraging Tshimanga to go to one of the two National League clubs....score 30 goals, win the golden boot....put yourself in the shop window etc.
Darragh says Tshimanga and his agent are having none of it though and seem set on sitting in out and wait for the league two club to up their offer.

So heā€™s interested in us itā€™s just complicated because of his current contract at boro?

Itā€™s not really complicated.

We want to pay X of his wages, Peterborough want Y. One side will have to budge. Simple as that really.

Tshimanga IS interested in coming to us.

I donā€™t see a positive resolution our way until the EFL deadline has passed. He may go League Two before that, but if not, and Peterborough donā€™t change their demands, he sits there for another half a season on big money training with the kids.

Would make sense, after the EFL deadline to drop their demands, then at least we are paying something so they donā€™t pay the full whack.

But, as is often the case in football, not a lot makes sense.

Having just listened to the Podcast, to be be fair to Darragh he is actually encouraging Tshimanga to go to one of the two National League clubs....score 30 goals, win the golden boot....put yourself in the shop window etc.
Darragh says Tshimanga and his agent are having none of it though and seem set on sitting in out and wait for the league two club to up their offer.

Tshimanga IS interested in coming here, and that would have happened by now if the two clubs could agree on a wage contribution.

His agent wants a permanent move to League Two (more money for him and Tshimanga in signing on fees, loyalty bonus etc), but that isnā€™t close at the moment, and might not happen.

Tshimanga IS interested in coming here, and that would have happened by now if the two clubs could agree on a wage contribution.

His agent wants a permanent move to League Two (more money for him and Tshimanga in signing on fees, loyalty bonus etc), but that isnā€™t close at the moment, and might not happen.
I believe you. He wouldnā€™t come to Boreham Wood on loan last season if he wasnā€™t interested in dropping down.

Ah, agents. They can be a real problem.

However, whilst I understand wanting to outsource management of aspects of your career so you can focus on the football, I do wish some footballers would ****ing grow a set and instruct their agent to work towards what the footballer wants, rather than giving the agent such free reign.

Ah, agents. They can be a real problem.

However, whilst I understand wanting to outsource management of aspects of your career so you can focus on the football, I do wish some footballers would ****ing grow a set and instruct their agent to work towards what the footballer wants, rather than giving the agent such free reign.

Agents are horrendous, not all of them, but a lot.

To be fair, we have had agents work for us in terms of pushing us forward instead of other teams, but obviously itā€™s not always the case.

Itā€™s annoying for sure I guess there is still slight hope if heā€™s poxy agent budges on a price then for us ..

Itā€™s nothing to do with his agent budging on price.

Itā€™s 100% between Posh & us as to why we havenā€™t brought him in. If we jumped up to Y, or Posh came down to X, then we could get this deal over the line. However, itā€™s a big jump between X & Y. We arenā€™t talking about Ā£20.

Of course an agent would like a permanent move. As Tshimanga hasnā€™t asked to leave heā€™d get a loyalty bonus, heā€™d get a signing on fee from the buying club, potentially a bigger wage too, maybe even a pay off to cover his loss of earnings if he accepted a lower offer elsewhere. The agent would get paid by both Tshimanga and the buying club, he might even get percentages of different things too.

For clarity though, his agent isnā€™t holding things up.

Itā€™s nothing to do with his agent budging on price.

Itā€™s 100% between Posh & us as to why we havenā€™t brought him in. If we jumped up to Y, or Posh came down to X, then we could get this deal over the line. However, itā€™s a big jump between X & Y. We arenā€™t talking about Ā£20.

Of course an agent would like a permanent move. As Tshimanga hasnā€™t asked to leave heā€™d get a loyalty bonus, heā€™d get a signing on fee from the buying club, potentially a bigger wage too, maybe even a pay off to cover his loss of earnings if he accepted a lower offer elsewhere. The agent would get paid by both Tshimanga and the buying club, he might even get percentages of different things too.

For clarity though, his agent isnā€™t holding things up.
For example say we offer to pay 35% of his wage but Peterborough want 60% paid is this what we mean only an example but quite far apart?

For example say we offer to pay 35% of his wage but Peterborough want 60% paid is this what we mean only an example but quite far apart?

Yeah, there is a difference between what we want to pay, and what Posh want us to pay. Canā€™t give figures, but we are apart. We arenā€™t talking about 5% here however.

Yeah, there is a difference between what we want to pay, and what Posh want us to pay. Canā€™t give figures, but we are apart. We arenā€™t talking about 5% here however.
I assume we are actively in discussions with other targets and not just all our eggs in this basket?

Thanks @BoyWonder2 & @Medway Blue - I do appreciate the insight.

I think it was smart for SUFC to target Pearce, McCallum & Tshimanga - it sounds like they all were keen on coming here (i doubt that would have been the case if we had the previous owner who didnt pay wages). For a number of reasosn they couldnt get done which i think we can understand. However we need to get back to a reasonable level of spend - so lets see what other gems we can find that have dropped out of academies, in NLS/N or avaialble on loan from Champ, L1 clubs..

Back