• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2024/25 - Time to Cook šŸ‘Øā€šŸ³

Transfer news
Yes, we have other options on the whiteboard we are actively pursuing.

I donā€™t think we will have a centre forward in for the weekend however. Obviously, we have Cardwell & Walker who will start with Waldron to come off the bench, and if we really needed Wood can ā€œdo a jobā€ there.
Is Wood likely to be in Kevā€™s plans for this season when we get more players in do you know?

You could have found it earlier. Didn't I post it on this thread after his Gillingham appearance?

He looked really promising to me.
Many apologies, just tracked back and saw your one. The report you found was actually a year later. So even further into his development. You missed out this bit in your report:

For a long while he was incredibly unlucky with injuries, during part of his time in the Spurs Academy set-up, prior to signing scholarship forms with the club in 2018. However, midfielder Rafferty Pedder showed great resilience after spending so long on the sidelines. He featured more times than any of his teammates for the Spurs Under 18 side in 2019/20, having made his competitive debut for Spurs at that level during the previous season.

Hopefully he is over those injuries now and it was just due to body development.

Last edited:
Itā€™s nothing to do with his agent budging on price.

Itā€™s 100% between Posh & us as to why we havenā€™t brought him in. If we jumped up to Y, or Posh came down to X, then we could get this deal over the line. However, itā€™s a big jump between X & Y. We arenā€™t talking about Ā£20.

Of course an agent would like a permanent move. As Tshimanga hasnā€™t asked to leave heā€™d get a loyalty bonus, heā€™d get a signing on fee from the buying club, potentially a bigger wage too, maybe even a pay off to cover his loss of earnings if he accepted a lower offer elsewhere. The agent would get paid by both Tshimanga and the buying club, he might even get percentages of different things too.

For clarity though, his agent isnā€™t holding things up.
Okay cheers for the heads up

Itā€™s nothing to do with his agent budging on price.

Itā€™s 100% between Posh & us as to why we havenā€™t brought him in. If we jumped up to Y, or Posh came down to X, then we could get this deal over the line. However, itā€™s a big jump between X & Y. We arenā€™t talking about Ā£20.

Of course an agent would like a permanent move. As Tshimanga hasnā€™t asked to leave heā€™d get a loyalty bonus, heā€™d get a signing on fee from the buying club, potentially a bigger wage too, maybe even a pay off to cover his loss of earnings if he accepted a lower offer elsewhere. The agent would get paid by both Tshimanga and the buying club, he might even get percentages of different things too.

For clarity though, his agent isnā€™t holding things up.
It makes sense that he wants an EFL club and a permanent move - who wouldn't? But if he ends up dropping to NL again he knows we have good crowds and a decent squad/management team. I wouldn't hold any of this against the player. If somehow we can get him in great but as mentioned before no-one will be breaking the bank. We've still got Cards/Walker/Waldron and I'm sure Tshimanga isn't our only option.

I'd rather we stopped sodding around with this bloke and stalk another of our forward targets. Get him in, bedded down in the squad and maintain the squad's togetherness. The whole wages thing would make him stand out as a Bertie big bollocks to our lads.

I was of course referring to the EFL deadline when most activity happens and Posh will be playing around with budgets to look at how they can bring people in and of course can no longer sell to another Football league side.
Agreed and who knows what League 2 clubs might have a poor start to the season or a striker injured in the early games. I think we're holding our breath on this until their window shuts, which for the avoidance of doubt is as follows:

Screenshot 2024-08-08 at 10.02.15.png

I'd rather we stopped sodding around with this bloke and stalk another of our forward targets. Get him in, bedded down in the squad and maintain the squad's togetherness. The whole wages thing would make him stand out as a Bertie big bollocks to our lads.

But the wage thing isnā€™t anything to do with him. He signed a contract with Posh, Posh want a percentage of this covered whilst out on loan, that isnā€™t Tshimangaā€™s fault.

We are still talking to other targets too, we arenā€™t just talking to him.

But the wage thing isnā€™t anything to do with him. He signed a contract with Posh, Posh want a percentage of this covered whilst out on loan, that isnā€™t Tshimangaā€™s fault.

For a change l think it's good for us that we now have responsible owners, who have a financial budget plan and are sticking to it, even if it means playing more hardball in any transfer negotiations. In turn over a period of time we will gain a reputation as a club to be taken more seriously and not noted as one of those that will always roll over, to be strung along knowing we will cave in or offer stupid money. In the short term it may well lead to more strung out negotiations, as now with Tshimanga, but will hold us in good stead in the longer term.

At what point do we move on though? If the EFL deadline passing is likely to be relevant to a deal happening or not, thereā€™s a long time and 6 games between now and then. An injury to one striker in that time leaves us with only two options up front.

Do we run the risk of losing out on other targets or the squad suffering in this time for a player who might not even come? Makes me a bit nervous and as good as Tshimanga would be, I donā€™t know if Iā€™d prefer we just give Posh an ultimatum and move on if they donā€™t meet it.

I donā€™t think we will have a centre forward in for the weekend however. Obviously, we have Cardwell & Walker who will start with Waldron to come off the bench, and if we really needed Wood can ā€œdo a jobā€ there.
The whiteboard has lots of options on it? Even now?

is George moncur on the board ? a similar situation to the Peterborough guy? Wages etc
As a few others have said, I'd personally prefer a like for like back up/ competition for Harry Cardwell. History tells us he's not going to be playing 46 games this season and we already have Walker and Waldron who can play the Tshimanga role.
the guy that left Halifax canā€™t remember his name? Big strong on the whiteboard?i wonder.

As a few others have said, I'd personally prefer a like for like back up/ competition for Harry Cardwell. History tells us he's not going to be playing 46 games this season and we already have Walker and Waldron who can play the Tshimanga role.
I do agree with you and that did worry me too. However, there is no point having an extra 'big man' to play off, if the the striker next to them isn't proven. Walker is proven but if he was to get an injury, we are relying on Waldron. He isn't proven yet. If we had one of Walker or Tshimanga to play off of Cardwell, we are more likely to score based on their respective goal returns at this level. Converting the chances created was our biggest issue last season, hence the Tshimanga link.

Such a hard one because if Cardwell gets injured, we have no one to hold the ball up, hence your preference. Who'd be a manager a?

At what point do we move on though? If the EFL deadline passing is likely to be relevant to a deal happening or not, thereā€™s a long time and 6 games between now and then. An injury to one striker in that time leaves us with only two options up front.

Do we run the risk of losing out on other targets or the squad suffering in this time for a player who might not even come? Makes me a bit nervous and as good as Tshimanga would be, I donā€™t know if Iā€™d prefer we just give Posh an ultimatum and move on if they donā€™t meet it.

Itā€™s a balancing act isnā€™t it, and one Iā€™m glad Iā€™m not in charge of.

This is all made up figures here:

Letā€™s say, for arguments sake, Ā£1500 a week is what we have dedicated to a fourth striker. Weā€™d pay that towards Tshimangaā€™s wages today. However, we are speaking to other targets and one agrees to join us next week, and will get Ā£1200 a week. Start of September, Tshimanga hasnā€™t got an EFL move and Posh ring us up and say we will take Ā£1500 per week.

Weā€™ve missed out on a top target because weā€™ve moved onto another one.

As I say, all made up figures and just a scenario. What do you do in that instance?

As for an ultimatum, we kind of have in terms of what we are prepared to offer. We arenā€™t going any higher, Posh have to come down. At the minute, they donā€™t want to go down. Would be better for them to get Tshimanga a permanent deal as they get a transfer fee and 100% of his wages off the books.

The whiteboard has lots of options on it? Even now?

is George moncur on the board ? a similar situation to the Peterborough guy? Wages etc

the guy that left Halifax canā€™t remember his name? Big strong on the whiteboard?i wonder.

The whiteboard still has options. Iā€™ve been told of six or seven names, some are more forwards than strikers, but would given us the flexibility to play three upfront perhaps.

A lot of other names have been wiped out for various reasons.

Back