• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2024/25 - Time to Cook šŸ‘Øā€šŸ³

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys we need to keep in mind that as a Club we have a 'policy' to transfers that has key components of Age consideration, character, development potential, playing style and sell on potential!
Kev obviously knows he has the 'long term' support of COSU, is comfortable that he is being allowed to build the squad in his way and in his time knowing that COSU has 'realistic' expectations, that does not have promotion this season on the tick box list. Obviously not a viewpoint shared by some of our fanbase, because it's all about results in the here and now and entertainment value for the cost of their ticket, arguably all a fan is interested in.
Kev is not under pressure from his masters, Kev wants to sign a certain type of player to play a certain way, if there not there, either due to non availability or outside of budget, then he currently has the job security luxury of waiting until they are. There will be no long-term signing just to boost numbers or to appease fans. Any disgruntlement with his approach is outside of Roots Hall, it's not coming from within.
I think if the current run of poor results coupled with the unattractive, negative football continues there will be have to be a rethink. It's a results driven business whether we like it or not. Could well be that the award of a testimonial year might turn out to be the new version of the dreaded vote of confidence which always preceded a managerial sacking. I am not advocating that course of action but nothing is set in stone in football. Yesterday's heros etc.

I thought we were supposed to have a white board with two or three players for every position?

Everyone is bemoaning the loss of Cardwell and Kensdale , but if Kensdale had been sold instead of what happened, then that was surely following the Brentford model that Stan stated we were going to following !

Guys we need to keep in mind that as a Club we have a 'policy' to transfers that has key components of Age consideration, character, development potential, playing style and sell on potential!
Kev obviously knows he has the 'long term' support of COSU, is comfortable that he is being allowed to build the squad in his way and in his time knowing that COSU has 'realistic' expectations, that does not have promotion this season on the tick box list. Obviously not a viewpoint shared by some of our fanbase, because it's all about results in the here and now and entertainment value for the cost of their ticket, arguably all a fan is interested in.
Kev is not under pressure from his masters, Kev wants to sign a certain type of player to play a certain way, if there not there, either due to non availability or outside of budget, then he currently has the job security luxury of waiting until they are. There will be no long-term signing just to boost numbers or to appease fans. Any disgruntlement with his approach is outside of Roots Hall, it's not coming from within.
You donā€™t win anything with kids and players constantly from the lower leagues. Needs a nice mixture of that with experience

yes i can see that this still isnt a Transfers rumour thread. Just the same old stuff .
There are no rumours- closing the thread is an unpalatable alternative I guessā€¦ I keep checking and itā€™s just tumbleweedā€¦perhaps an ITK could post a snippet that could keep us on topic. Cryptic clues? Assuming something is going on.

There are no rumours- closing the thread is an unpalatable alternative I guessā€¦ I keep checking and itā€™s just tumbleweedā€¦perhaps an ITK could post a snippet that could keep us on topic. Cryptic clues? Assuming something is going on.
I think there probably is but they have to be right, so pool is slim pickings as and when they come available and maybe not pre-Christmas. Our crazy run of fixtures is over so canā€™t see us bringing many in tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back