• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2024/25 - Time to Cook 👨‍🍳

Transfer news
I’d like to think so. I did hear a rumour, but I haven’t been able to clarify it yet, that there was a new face yesterday doing the photos for media day. As I say, not from my usual people and waiting to hear back.

If not, we have a decent enough squad for the first few games of the season. We are desperately short, only 3 players I’d say away from where we need to be, and Kev seems to think the same.
I hope it’s an striker or an attacking midfielder 🤞🏻

So guys how do we think we have done as a club on transfers this summer 3 players coming in? Are we short?do we need more? Is anyone coming? Seems to me a strong striker is a very much needed one? Thoughts
Praying to the loan market for that absolute monster that is an attacking central midfielder to come in. Wycombe's young POTY has returned back to his club and he will be looking for 1st team football, ive managed to alert him through a friend that our takeover is completed and he knows we are massive and most importantly, very local to him.
So lets see how the next fortnight pans out. Apart from not having a reserve keeper, we are ready to play our first game at least.

Odd that he's wearing last season's kit - hasn't he had his photo done?

Perhaps they ran out of film for the camera by the time they got to take his picture - always a problem that. Either that or they are waiting for the film to come back from the developers. [thinking face]

Per Peterborough local rag today, Peterborough released their squad numbers for the coming season this morning. Transfer-listed players Romoney Crichlow and David Ajiboye have shirt numbers, but Kabongo Tshimanga does not.

Ooooohhhhh. I like that bit of "info" ............. [thumbs up]

Per Peterborough local rag today, Peterborough released their squad numbers for the coming season this morning. Transfer-listed players Romoney Crichlow and David Ajiboye have shirt numbers, but Kabongo Tshimanga does not.
Are we still hopeful on this then thought it was dead in the water

Also Tshimanga is named as one of three players excess to requirements- with one or more needing to be off loaded before they can bring anyone in…

Someone mentioned Swindon were in for him, and Peterborough are probably after a fee for him before his contract expires next year.

Someone mentioned Swindon were in for him, and Peterborough are probably after a fee for him before his contract expires next year.
He has two years to run. Yes if someone came in with a significant fee- otherwise loaning for a year, a chunk of his wages covered- he goes somewhere and bangs in 20+ then that there best chance of getting close to recouping a meaningful slice of what they paid?

Who knows…

He has two years to run. Yes if someone came in with a significant fee- otherwise loaning for a year, a chunk of his wages covered- he goes somewhere and bangs in 20+ then that there best chance of getting close to recouping a meaningful slice of what they paid?

Who knows…
And being at us for a year could be the best option for Peterborough for him in the shop window? Good call should score plenty in a top 7 side NL

I hope Tshimanga happens but can't see it at the moment.

We won't pay a large fee 150k+ and can't manage the percentage of wage required for posh to loan him to us.

And being at us for a year could be the best option for Peterborough for him in the shop window? Good call should score plenty in a top 7 side NL
I am not sure how Tshimanga is going to fit into the Southend line-up unless the management team decide to play three up front, which is possible but seems unlikely.

It seems to me if Southend sign Tshimanga he would be competing for a striker's position alongside Harry Cardwell. Do we really want three strikers (Walker, Waldron and Tshimanga) competing for one striker's position upfront. That does not seem very rational.

I agree we need another striker, but I think the priority should be a tall striker that can compete with Cardwell for his slot up front. If we are going to invest in four strikers, I think we should be aiming to provide cover and competition for both of the major striking positions upfront rather than one.

Back