• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2024/25 - Time to Cook šŸ‘Øā€šŸ³

Transfer news
What Kev said about Pedders unavailability

TRIALIST midfielder Rafferty Pedder was not available for Southend Unitedā€™s clash at Chelmsford City this afternoon.

Pedder featured for the Shrimpers against both Gillingham and Ballyfermot United.

But Blues boss Kevin Maher confirmed Pedder was not fit enough to face the Clarets.
ā€œHe had a bad hamstring injury at the back end of last year at QPR so he wasnā€™t available for today,ā€ said Maher.

As Boy Wonder has stated , the issue is more of a niggle, so presumably caution exercised. However if a past very bad one the chances of recurrence is high, although far more knowledge these days of how to overcome the likelihood, if you have a good physio team

The number of hamstring injuries has increased significantly with them intensity of the game. ( up 26% alone between 2002 t0 2014, ) On average a professional team can now expect 7 per season, another issue to bear in mind in relation to squad size?

I said previously that I spoke to him Saturday and he said he had a slight hamstring but was hoping to get a deal sorted. Noor also said he hoped he signed as in his words said that he is quality, so seems well liked by the group. Doubt he would have been there Saturday if we werenā€™t still interested especially as he wasnā€™t been available to play

I said previously that I spoke to him Saturday and he said he had a slight hamstring but was hoping to get a deal sorted.
In fairness, he wasnā€™t going to say his hamstring was so ****ed he wouldnā€™t even touch himself with a barge pole and the club would be mad to sign him.

Havenā€™t seen him yet but hearing all the good things. Difficult scenario though and weā€™ve been burnt so many times now.

In fairness, he wasnā€™t going to say his hamstring was so ****ed he wouldnā€™t even touch himself with a barge pole and the club would be mad to sign him.

Havenā€™t seen him yet but hearing all the good things. Difficult scenario though and weā€™ve been burnt so many times now.
Yes of course thatā€™s fair enough, although if the club werenā€™t interested anymore I doubt he would be at the game in a club tracksuit if he wasnā€™t able to play. He was walking with a slight limp though

Yes of course thatā€™s fair enough, although if the club werenā€™t interested anymore I doubt he would be at the game in a club tracksuit if he wasnā€™t able to play. He was walking with a slight limp though
The attacking central midfielder at Kings Lynn, Kobe Chong, looks very useful.

Rather than knock its probably more a case of worked really hard in Ireland as it was the last week of flat out pre-season. Not worth playing if you can feel a tight hammy.

Looked to be moving ok at Chelmsford so I was surprised he wasn't on the team sheet. Still with out injury luck it might be worth spending a few quid on the right medical advice

Wonder if Jayson Leutwiler would be interested ? Currently with the PFA free agents squad after leaving port vale. 35 but vast experience and a good player

Wonder if Jayson Leutwiler would be interested ? Currently with the PFA free agents squad after leaving port vale. 35 but vast experience and a good player
If we were looking for a new Dave Martin that might have been a shout but as we have got a coach in, someone younger would be the way forward.

Well itā€™s tumble weed time currently- at least we know exotic fruit drinks arenā€™t involved..

Any chance of anything before Saturday? If not I guess the youngsters can help fill the bench. We will need to put the youth keeper there- with seven subs if Collin got injured and we had to put Gus in goal that would not be a good look.
Iā€™m thinking positive no inside info but reckon we will get a keeper and a midfielder by weekend. Striker would be nice too but thatā€™s greedy lol.

Back