• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2024/25 - Time to Cook 👨‍🍳

Transfer news
This lad wants to come and sit on our bench does he? I'd be surprised if he does - I'd have thought he'd want first team football.
Do does that mean we don't see Collin as an established number 1? Or does that mean there's interest in Collin?
Surely it means they are both professionals they will understand football who ever is the better of the two in training day in day out will get an initial chance in the 1st team

I was just thinking exactly the same. Why go and get an 'inferior' keeper? What message does that send to Collin? He needs someone pushing him day in, day out. This lad could do that.

It's been cited on here previously, that Collin has had a few issues with training in the past. We don't want him to think he is infallible and to slip into old habits. Positive challenge is welcome in every position and will keep him motivated and on his game.
Can also play in cup games etc so can get games

Could it be that Collin has interest from others and we are backfilling first ?
A fee for any player which exceeds the wages (plus agents fees etc) of a Free signing to replace them would make fair business sense for an owner striving to cut budgets and remain self sufficient .

Surely it means they are both professionals they will understand football who ever is the better of the two in training day in day out will get an initial chance in the 1st team
I dont think its like that for keepers is it. Unlikely to swap and change keepers like other positions, so reality is if someone is number 1, they gonna keep the shirt for at least a significant period of time. Could be 6 months etc.

Doubt any keeper wants to come in wanting to be number 1 and just "accept" there is a number 1 in place and sit on the bench.

Work is underway on a goalkeeper, along with a striker and a midfielder. I’d be shocked if we didn’t have a new face by the weekend, but can’t say which position. Heard a few new goalkeeper names, some very interesting names including one who played in this division last season who is incredibly highly rated.

I know of 6 names on the whiteboard for a goalkeeper.

As I’ve stated numerous times, whoever does come in as a goalkeeper will not be viewed as a number 2. He will be serious competition. Whether it’s Keeley, or one of the other names I’ve heard, they will be competing with Collin.

Not the usual “competing” you get at top clubs where Ramsdale was competing with Raya for example as we all knew that wasn’t a competition. This will be a genuine case that either of them can be the number 1.

Moving further up the field, a number of alternatives have been identified if the Tshimanga pursuit doesn’t bear fruit. One I’m a big fan off.

As I’ve stated numerous times, whoever does come in as a goalkeeper will not be viewed as a number 2. He will be serious competition. Whether it’s Keeley, or one of the other names I’ve heard, they will be competing with Collin.

Not the usual “competing” you get at top clubs where Ramsdale was competing with Raya for example as we all knew that wasn’t a competition. This will be a genuine case that either of them can be the number 1.

Moving further up the field, a number of alternatives have been identified if the Tshimanga pursuit doesn’t bear fruit. One I’m a big fan off.
Likely sooner or later?

The thing with a keeper is you can get one very quickly on an emergency if Colin was to get injured. If we do want someone to compete it's better to take the time and find the right one
With 7 subs it would be crazy not to have a keeper on the bench. Unless a loan getting someone to the standard of Colin would be expensive- and would that be the best use of a budget that is already to some level restricted? So a loan is probably the answer if we want competition

Brad Dolaghan?

Is our former academy keeper George Murray-Jones still at Man City? Transfermarkt says his contract expired at the end of last season.

Was on loan at FC United of Manchester last season so wonder if city would loan him back to us?

Cardwell / Walker / Waldron, with 1 probably still to come, looks decent to me.
Yeah totally agree. My point was more that the one to come could well have been Pearce if it wasn’t for the embargo, which would’ve been great.

A knowledgeable Spurs supporting mate of mine thinks they might let him go. They have 2 youth product 'keepers ahead of him as 2nd and 3rd choice (Austin, 25 and Whiteman, 22). They also have Forster to return from a long term injury.

Apparently, Keeley went on the last 2 Asia tours before this summer's, but they let him remain in the UK this year to try and sort out a transfer.

They've had L2 clubs showing an interest as well.

Not three words I ever expected to see in the same sentence ............

Back