• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2024/25 - Time to Cook šŸ‘Øā€šŸ³

Transfer news
Work is underway on a goalkeeper, along with a striker and a midfielder. Iā€™d be shocked if we didnā€™t have a new face by the weekend, but canā€™t say which position. Heard a few new goalkeeper names, some very interesting names including one who played in this division last season who is incredibly highly rated.
Will Jaaskelainen maybe. His compatriot just appointed goalkeeper coach has been highly rated at Woking

Would love him to sign for us maybe wonā€™t happen if they ask for that much
Zero chance of us picking up Tshimanga on a permanent deal. Only hope is a last minute loan deal, IF he doesn't get a move elsewhere in the EFL by the end of the month.

I believe Forest Green were in for him, but obviously they have turned their attentions to Paul McCallum. Which says to me Posh are holding firm on a large cash deal for now.

Will we wait that long though, or pursue other targets?

And Barnets Dublin born Managers persistence paid off to get him on loan
Step forward Kevin Maher who represented Republic of Ireland at youth level

Interesting... really cant see him (or Spurs) wanting him to come here and sit on the bench...
Yes agree with that, if you were Spurs or indeed the lad himself you would want a 1st choice keeper loan really. I know Kev doesn't like the term squad player and all signings should be competing for a start but I think we need that experienced been there, done it but not past it back up keeper. Unless there is a feeling that Col may move on at some stage during the season given that Ipswich were sniffing around last season and we all know who's just become a goal keeping coach there.

This lad wants to come and sit on our bench does he? I'd be surprised if he does - I'd have thought he'd want first team football.
Do does that mean we don't see Collin as an established number 1? Or does that mean there's interest in Collin?

I'd like to see someone come in that can challenge Collin for the No.1 shirt. Every player needs competition to keep them on their toes. Collin is no different.

If a loan GK comes in and performs better than Collin, then that's great news for us. No room for sentiment anymore.

I'd like to see someone come in that can challenge Collin for the No.1 shirt. Every player needs competition to keep them on their toes. Collin is no different.

If a loan GK comes in and performs better than Collin, then that's great news for us. No room for sentiment anymore.
I was just thinking exactly the same. Why go and get an 'inferior' keeper? What message does that send to Collin? He needs someone pushing him day in, day out. This lad could do that.

It's been cited on here previously, that Collin has had a few issues with training in the past. We don't want him to think he is infallible and to slip into old habits. Positive challenge is welcome in every position and will keep him motivated and on his game.

Back