• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2024/25 - Time to Cook šŸ‘Øā€šŸ³

Transfer news
If true and he does come here on loan it wont be as a back up keeper but someone to challenge Colin for that # 1 position ,and thats how it should be .So please stop saying we need a backup GK. no player we sign should come here as backup ,they should come here to challenge for that position thats how we will improve as a club. We had backup players last season Vilhete , Sandat , Dackers and Kabangolo , because we were desparately short and under an embargo, we are not now , we have new owners so its a new beginning , i personally hope every signing we make is either as good or better than those we have now so every position they will have to play for . They the players from last season showed us all they love a challenge ,now we have to keep giving them that challenge so they can improve also .

Last edited:
havnt got time to check but someone said to me earlier that this Spurs lad kept Laurie Walker out of the Barnet goal for a period last season. I note someone said this lad would be inferior to Colin, i would say based on his age, the club he is at, has represented his country at U21 level that he would be ahead of Colin in the pecking order. Would be tough on colin but dont see Spurs allowing him to come to us to be an understudy. I love colin but the one downside to his game is with his feet, although he has improved massively over the last year and especially working with David Martin

View from. Barnet contacts:

Good keeper who is tidy with the ball at his feet. Comfortable playing out from the back, but does have the odd howler in him.
Of the goals we conceded last season there were some real howlers from our defence / midfield. We had the best defence in the league but still allowed too many soft goals. Cut out those mistakes and you win or draw games but don't lose.

Sometime the best approach is to clear your lines and not play out.

I doubt if it says highly rated at spurs they will let him leave permantly
A knowledgeable Spurs supporting mate of mine thinks they might let him go. They have 2 youth product 'keepers ahead of him as 2nd and 3rd choice (Austin, 25 and Whiteman, 22). They also have Forster to return from a long term injury.

Apparently, Keeley went on the last 2 Asia tours before this summer's, but they let him remain in the UK this year to try and sort out a transfer.

They've had L2 clubs showing an interest as well.

Back