• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2024/25 - Time to Cook šŸ‘Øā€šŸ³

Transfer news
I do like an on the day signing and no one knows what's going on. Can't really happen now with social media.

Never forgot arriving late in the north bank for the opening game and dad and I turned to eachother and said, "Who's that up top? Must be from the youth team." It was Assombalonga. Another signing like that would be most welcome!
Brittā€™s been great but I always felt he could have been a prem striker. Career stalled a bit. Quality player, loved watching him.

Itā€™s interesting when km said thereā€™s 2/3 weā€™d like to bring in, I wonder if there talking to 2/3 or if there still looking for the right player.

He was never quite the same after he destroyed his knee. He was lucky to be able to continue playing, let alone still regularly score at Championship level.
Was just about to say that his injury at Forest killed him. He had that Collymore like power and pace in his prime. He had to adapt his game after the injury. How lucky were we that we saw him in a blues shirt though?! A massive part of our history keeping our club up under Luggy.

Sorry, I know that was off topic. I mentioned it as it would be nice to sign someone like that.

I really do think an additional striker is super important. I'm a little worried about Waldron. He's looked anywhere near it in preseason. One hopes he is just adjusting to a full time preseason.

Hope I am wrong but think Waldron may not be up to the level we want and may go on loan at some point
I think he was a gamble / I think the management team knew that / we were out of options thanks to the RAT and I think this shows given the small length of contract he was given ā€¦ as soon as I saw him last year I knew he wasnā€™t good enough .. hopefully he will somehow find something but I very much doubt it from what I have seen

I think he was a gamble / I think the management team knew that / we were out of options thanks to the RAT and I think this shows given the small length of contract he was given ā€¦ as soon as I saw him last year I knew he wasnā€™t good enough .. hopefully he will somehow find something but I very much doubt it from what I have seen
Think we still need him as an impact sub to potentially come on for the last 15-20 minutes and make a difference, plus cover for injuries. I trust the management teams judgement, but if we were to secure a further striker Waldron would be 4th choice.

I'm not sure how People have written off Waldron in less than 6 months šŸ¤£ card well came from the same position and started slow then got injured. Now he is untouchable and leads the line every week. Don't understand why we decide "as soon as I saw him play" I knew he wasn't good enough šŸ¤£

Poppycock, he is the new scarecrow (outstanding in his field) and you know it.

Very harsh on Waldron. Scored 3 in 12 starts since coming from the league below and stepping up to full time training, which Kev acknowledged wasnā€™t easy so far through the season. He started really coming into his own towards the end of the season and formed a good partnership with Cardwell.

Needed a good pre-season but has been hampered a bit due to injury. I rate him though and I think heā€™ll have a good season. We do still need another striker but thatā€™s no reflection on Waldron. I think every manager in the land will want four strikers if theyā€™re playing two up top.

Unfortunately I make you right. I thought after a full pre season and being more settled weā€™d see an improved version but he hasnā€™t really impressed in pre season although hasnā€™t always been given as much time on the pitch as others and not always with the best service. He probably needs a goal or two to kick start. But he deserves our support and time as he is a proven goal scorer so hopefully his time will come. I
Might add Iā€™m desperate for him to succeed as I am with all players.

Last edited:
I do like an on the day signing and no one knows what's going on. Can't really happen now with social media.

Never forgot arriving late in the north bank for the opening game and dad and I turned to eachother and said, "Who's that up top? Must be from the youth team." It was Assombalonga. Another signing like that would be most welcome!

Was just about to say that his injury at Forest killed him. He had that Collymore like power and pace in his prime. He had to adapt his game after the injury. How lucky were we that we saw him in a blues shirt though?! A massive part of our history keeping our club up under Luggy.

Just for the record you wonā€™t have been sitting in the North Bank unless you were an Accrington fan and Britt played no role in keeping us up under Luggy in 2010/11 - he joined on loan two years later for the 2012/13 season when we were in no relegation difficulty (this was the season after the floodlights failure at Aldershot cost us automatic promotion). He did however play a role in getting us to our first Wembley final scoring one goal in six appearances in the JPT that season.

Anyway back to transfer rumoursā€¦

Back