• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2024/25 - Time to Cook 👨‍🍳

Transfer news
We can look at other teams and budgets, but look at some of the teams who have gone up in the recent past Harrogate, Bromley, Sutton Barrow- all had bigger clubs like Chesterfield, Wrexham, Notts County in their leagues, so it is possible to go up

It is clear what we need. Kev and Co know it - let's trust the process. They haven't got much wrong in the recruitment process over past couple of years. Yes, it would be nice if all players had a full preseason with us but we are much better off than previous years.

I saw in response to CP’s ask on Twitter for sensible transfer targets someone suggested Stephen Humphrys. I suspect that the Blackburn interest might stop this being sensible!

liked what ollie K said yesterday. Something along the lines of many teams have been signing players but they havnt been through what we have the past few years and dont have the team spirit and togetherness we do. Of course football is more than just that but it goes a long way. We do have a very special group of players. Yes we need a few more but they must be the right ones and if we have to wait a bit longer then so beit

Injury prone because he’s had one injury 🤣🤣🤣

I presume he’s injury prone as he’s 22 and he appears to have played 5 games of men’s football (one of which was an 89th minute sub appearance).

Sometimes young players need time to build up strength so I’m not saying don’t sign him but I am saying don’t sign him and ink him in as the starter for the season. We’ll likely need to manage his workload and its highly probable that he’ll fade down the stretch.

The good news is with the signing of Wind we are no longer the smallest squad in the league as we now tie with Maidenhead for that honour, but King Kev is still aftet two or 3 more. Loanees could add value?

The other good news is all those clubs with 25 to 30 in the squad like York and Barnet will fail miserably along with the other 5 clubs with large numbers as it apparently never works. .Certainly Dagenham are fuked bringing in eleven so far and lets face it, we hope they are

I do like an on the day signing and no one knows what's going on. Can't really happen now with social media.

Never forgot arriving late in the north bank for the opening game and dad and I turned to eachother and said, "Who's that up top? Must be from the youth team." It was Assombalonga. Another signing like that would be most welcome!

I do like an on the day signing and no one knows what's going on. Can't really happen now with social media.

Never forgot arriving late in the north bank for the opening game and dad and I turned to eachother and said, "Who's that up top? Must be from the youth team." It was Assombalonga. Another signing like that would be most welcome!
Felt the same with Eastwood when he arrived, after 7 seconds and just sitting down we were up again cheering his first goal.

Back