• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2024/25 - Time to Cook 👨‍🍳

Transfer news
You may be right. But class in terms of playing performance is not permanent. In the past, Southend has signed its share of better class players on big wages that simply did not perform at Roots Hall. Forest Green Rovers will have to keep their fingers they have not forked out for players that are already on the downward slope...

Good point(s). [thumbs up]

Praying Tozer and Sercombe are past it as a few years ago they would be absolutely marmalising the division. Even in that case though, Adam May should be too good for this level and I expect him to be running games. Gonna be very tough matches against them.
Just seen their team without any further additions. Innis and Tozer is some partnership at this level. I don't know why anyone underestimated FGR's threat this year. They have always spent money and have a great setup. We can all have opinions about their fanbase and their owner, but they are a huge threat. The same as Barnet. They got a shed load of points last season and scored even more goals. They have also added to their squad too. They are rightly clear favourites with the bookies to win the league.

I think there are some that still have their opinions on teams wearing their fanbase and size of club hat. None of those win you anything. It will be just as tough this year as it has been in previous seasons, make no mistake.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-08-04-14-22-59-40_a23b203fd3aafc6dcb84e438dda678b6.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-08-04-14-22-59-40_a23b203fd3aafc6dcb84e438dda678b6.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:
SOUTHEND United boss Kevin Maher remains keen to strengthen his squad.

Maher has brought in defender Joe Gubbins, striker Josh Walker and wing-back George Wind since the end of last season.

But, speaking after Saturday’s 1-0 win at Chelmsford City, the Shrimpers head coach admitted he was still pursuing more signings.

“There’s two or three we’d like to bring in,” said Maher.

“There’s work going on behind the scenes and we’d like to add to the areas we feel we need to.”

It is believed Blues are still hoping to sign another goalkeeper, a midfielder and a striker.

Just seen their team without any further additions. Innis and Tozer is some partnership at this level. I don't know why anyone underestimated FGR's threat this year. They have always spent money and have a great setup. We can all have opinions about their fanbase and their owner, but they are a huge threat. The same as Barnet. They got a shed load of points last season and scored even more goals. They have also added to their squad too. They are rightly clear favourites with the bookies to win the league.

I think there are some that still have their opinions on teams wearing their fanbase and size of club hat. None of those win you anything. It will be just as tough this year as it has been in previous seasons, make no mistake.
I spy a certain Emmanuel Osadebe on their bench….

Wasn’t it him and Theo Vassell that were signed but we could register, due to yet another umbongo?

I spy a certain Emmanuel Osadebe on their bench….

Wasn’t it him and Theo Vassell that were signed but we could register, due to yet another umbongo?
Yes i believe was those 2 players ..i do think york and gateshead have a good chance this year

SOUTHEND United boss Kevin Maher remains keen to strengthen his squad.

Maher has brought in defender Joe Gubbins, striker Josh Walker and wing-back George Wind since the end of last season.

But, speaking after Saturday’s 1-0 win at Chelmsford City, the Shrimpers head coach admitted he was still pursuing more signings.

“There’s two or three we’d like to bring in,” said Maher.

“There’s work going on behind the scenes and we’d like to add to the areas we feel we need to.”

It is believed Blues are still hoping to sign another goalkeeper, a midfielder and a striker.

My God!!!

Is Maher getting his managerial 'tips' from SZ?

...or do people think he may have already actually been aware of where we needed to recruit? :Winking:

As we’ve found out in the past, don’t underestimate how hard it is to get out of losing every week. Forest Green might find this season harder than you think after the last two years.
You do know that Cotterill almost saved them having been proper rock bottom after inheriting crap and had them finish strongly last third of the season.

That is why, with Suttons resurgence Colchester were really dragged into it.

Edit: they lost 10 out of his 19 but did win 7 against some good teams.

He walked in with them not winning in 12 games prior.

Anyway sorry for being off topic.

Chris Doidge will score 20 plus.

Back