• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2024/25 - Time to Cook 👨‍🍳

Transfer news
I'm gonna guess we will sign Pedders (gut feeling will do well for us) and look to the loan market over the next few weeks. They'll be an abundance of talent higher level clubs will be looking to get out on loan for experience and hopefully we'll have that pull now without rats reputation and it's far less risk than putting big money into a player like Tshimanga.

Would have hoped they would run out of money by now - Just Stop Oil clearly isn't bleeding him dry yet.
They're breaking the bank. Poached two of Cheltenham's best players by offering more money, and also shelled out for Ben Tozer from Wrexham. My favourites to go up.

They're breaking the bank. Poached two of Cheltenham's best players by offering more money, and also shelled out for Ben Tozer from Wrexham. My favourites to go up.
Praying Tozer and Sercombe are past it as a few years ago they would be absolutely marmalising the division. Even in that case though, Adam May should be too good for this level and I expect him to be running games. Gonna be very tough matches against them.

I think this is a division where a team with 3 or 4 better class players can make a big difference. Having some players as per Forest Green Rovers who have players that could be in the division above may provide a significant advantage.

I think this is a division where a team with 3 or 4 better class players can make a big difference. Having some players as per Forest Green Rovers who have players that could be in the division above may provide a significant advantage.
You may be right. But class in terms of playing performance is not permanent. In the past, Southend has signed its share of better class players on big wages that simply did not perform at Roots Hall. Forest Green Rovers will have to keep their fingers they have not forked out for players that are already on the downward slope...

True that, why didn’t he do that last season 🤦🏻‍♂️
My guess would be that he had a mind to "right off" that season while thinking they would be safe from the drop and then do a re-build.
Best laid plans etc, but lose a few players, injuries, suspension, players knowing they were going to be released, drop in form, loss of confidence, closed transfer window, ; all a car crash in slow motion.

My guess would be that he had a mind to "right off" that season while thinking they would be safe from the drop and then do a re-build.
Best laid plans etc, but lose a few players, injuries, suspension, players knowing they were going to be released, drop in form, loss of confidence, closed transfer window, ; all a car crash in slow motion.

Yes I agree they did have a decent squad anyway, they smashed us 5-0 last season at their place! They were just unlucky in the end, other clubs picked up the pace and they got sucked into the mire, without the Cowleys I think we might have taken their place last season........

Yes we are maybe short in a couple of places, lets not be desperate and sign players who may not be quite what we are looking for just because it is the start of the season. I would rather wait a few games see where we are lacking and look to get people in then.
Aparently the white boards full of first second third fourth names … I’m not sure anyone is desperate.. they’ve known for a while the season starts on the 10th

Back