• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2024/25 - Time to Cook 👨‍🍳

Transfer news
Makes you wonder how we were ever in for him when they want that much. I know we were trying to loan him but it still makes no sense how we were in the frame.
If they can loan him and the loan club pays, say, 50-70% of his wage, and he goes and scores a bunch of goals they are left with a player at the end who has grown in value rather than dropped as he would sitting in the reserves there.

If they can loan him and the loan club pays, say, 50-70% of his wage, and he goes and scores a bunch of goals they are left with a player at the end who has grown in value rather than dropped as he would sitting in the reserves there.
All depends when his contract is up really, he's 27 and getting no younger. I don't see the value in a loan myself from their pov

They have made enough money by poaching from the National League, I think they should take a loss on him and move on.

All depends when his contract is up really, he's 27 and getting no younger. I don't see the value in a loan myself from their pov

They had made enough money by poaching from the National League, I think they should take a loss on him and move on.
I guess they have a player that they committed £300k in a fee + £x a week for 3 years. He’s not cutting the mustard, so they are on damage limitation. Whether a fee or a loan to clip away the wages

I think he's got another two years there and they will have a problem finding a perm club that will match what he is currently on so this is why I personally see a loan as more likely on top of potentially better resale conditions in six months or a year.

I think he's got another two years there and they will have a problem finding a perm club that will match what he is currently on so this is why I personally see a loan as more likely on top of potentially better resale conditions in six months or a year.
Yeah agree I think they are hanging out for a buyer but it is a big ask, they won't get near what they are currently asking for. They either accept a lower price or he will go out on loan as a second choice I fancy.

Apparently posh bought someone from Swindon last season, still owe them money on that deal, so it’s kinda driving tshminaga to them as a make weight to cancel down some/all of that debt.

Last edited:
Still the big question, who is going to pick the ball up in rhe middle of the park and drive at the oppo, looking to take players on etc. We still.lack that player imo.
Wood seems not to be in Mahers plan and I still believe he could be that guy.

They were apparently in for Tshimanga (and Moncur) as well and were offering very good “eye watering” wages. A move for McCallum now makes sense, they obviously have a big budget.

They are obviously looking to bounce back at the first attempt, a team to be wary of this season imo.

Aaaah finally we have the new Wrexham and chesterfield to use this season … if it wasn’t for forest green rovers … I’d suggest we concentrate on ourselves .. much needed signings that are significant improvements are needed .. I’ve said it once I’ll say it again it will be some sort of miracle if we end up in the promotion race this season -and through seeing all but one friendly nothings changed my mind just yet

spoke to Crowther, Husin and Pedder today. Husin said he will be fit for Hartlepool, Crowther a little way behind and Pedder has a slight hamstring so didnt feature today. I asked him if he was going to sign and he said hopefully just sorting things out. Husin said he hoped he did as in his words he is 'quality' so watch this space

Back