• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2024/25 - Time to Cook šŸ‘Øā€šŸ³

Transfer news
Thing with Moncur, who elsewhere is rumoured to be on 4K a week, is wherever he goes next arenā€™t going to pay anywhere near that. And his age goes against a fee too for that matter. So it is potentially realistic along the lines you describe.

The one thing I would say is whilst we may think Ā£1k a week is a reasonable contribution at our level, what other clubs paying in the same league means expectations of the loaning club are likely very different- we likely have the same problem with Tshimanga. Fear both clubs will be expecting nearer 2k a week- and hence the slow progress perhaps
About Ā£1k a week for a season is about 100 season tickets. I wonder if tipping 4000 has given us a slightly bigger budget? Whilst still being sensible of courseā€¦ and pocketing a bit for upgrades to the stadium

About Ā£1k a week for a season is about 100 season tickets. I wonder if tipping 4000 has given us a slightly bigger budget? Whilst still being sensible of courseā€¦ and pocketing a bit for upgrades to the stadium
Possibly- in which case who would be the priority Tshimanga or Moncur or both,,?

IF we can get these 5 over the line (assuming we are in for them of course) then that would certainly be a quality bit of last minute business. Over to you King Kev and COSU. šŸ™

šŸŸ¢ Kabongo Tshimanga: ST: Peterborough. šŸ”„ šŸ—£ļø

šŸŸ¢ George Wind: RB: Billericay. šŸ”„ šŸ—£ļø

šŸŸ  Rafferty Pedder: CAM: Free agent.

šŸŸ  James Hillson: GK: Free agent.

šŸŸ  George Moncur: CM: Orient.
And that left winger guy... Great squad

Very weirdly Noah has moved today to Ross County on a 3 year deal! As he has moved over the border we will get a lot less compensation than if he had stayed in the EFL. I think he will find it tough up there but I wish him all the best.
Thatā€™s a very strange deal indeed. Will be interesting to see how he settles up there - Dingwall is a long way from Essex!

Not a big club either - their crowds are smaller than ours, even when they were playing Celtic and Rangers last season (who would have brought massive away numbers) they were barely pulling in 6.5k. For games against the smaller clubs they were struggling to get 4,000 and for one game (Partick Thistle) they only got 2116 - those are Col Ewe numbers!

Thatā€™s a very strange deal indeed. Will be interesting to see how he settles up there - Dingwall is a long way from Essex!

Not a big club either - their crowds are smaller than ours, even when they were playing Celtic and Rangers last season (who would have brought massive away numbers) they were barely pulling in 6.5k. For games against the smaller clubs they were struggling to get 4,000 and for one game (Partick Thistle) they only got 2116 - those are Col Ewe numbers!
I reckon he just wanted to get as far away from Essex as possible! Given his style of play he will get kicked to pieces by those Scottish neanderthal defenders, he will need all the luck he can get! Our average home crowd has got better recently, average crowd last season was 4177, I think it will be nearer 5000 this season.

Last edited:

I think you've just nailed it:

"Hates playing in front of big crowds."

I wouldā€™ve thought that he couldā€™ve got a move to top end League 1, so thatā€™s a very odd one!

I wouldā€™ve thought that he couldā€™ve got a move to top end League 1, so thatā€™s a very odd one!
Will get more money there with them not having to pay compensation. Tends to detract from wage offers unless the player is in enough demand they would have been willing to pay a sizeable fee anyway.

Up the thistle. My second team.

I reckon he just wanted to get as far away from Essex as possible! Given his style of play he will get kicked to pieces by those Scottish neanderthal defenders, he will need all the luck he can get! Our average home crowd has got better recently, average crowd last season was 4177, I think it will be nearer 5000 this season.

True but almost all of our crowds are home supporters. I think the average away support last season was about 100

I would hazard a guess that some big away supports fill your away end.

True but almost all of our crowds are home supporters. I think the average away support last season was about 100

I would hazard a guess that some big away supports fill your away end.
Yes there are a few decent away turnouts but hardly anyone brings the 2000 required to fill the away end, probably more like, 3-400 with the better supported teams bringing 500-1000. Because we are so far down the country and most of our league are northern not many turn out on a Tuesday night!

Raff Pedder has earned a contract. I did not watch any of the friendlies, but my mate who has watched every one, including Ballyfermot, said that when he played, Raff Pedder was the best player for us.
The thing for me is he drives forward unlike a lot of our midfield who look to pass sideways and backwards. (I am sure they have been watching England to much) :Winking:

Back