• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2024/25 - Time to Cook šŸ‘Øā€šŸ³

Transfer news
Peddler and wind
COSU will have to pay top dollar to get Tshimanga and that's not how they are rolling.
Yeah that's my thought. But if we can get Tshimanga on a loan deal where we only pay a % of his wages, maybe that's an option. Consortium were pretty clear they wouldn't be breaking the bank and I believe that. Kev also won't want to disrupt the spirit in the dressing room with any 'wow' signings rocking up.

Yeah that's my thought. But if we can get Tshimanga on a loan deal where we only pay a % of his wages, maybe that's an option. Consortium were pretty clear they wouldn't be breaking the bank and I believe that. Kev also won't want to disrupt the spirit in the dressing room with any 'wow' signings rocking up.
It's the % of wage that is the issue I believe.
If he's on 3 or 4 grand a week and posh want 60% of that paid....maybe more, then that's a bit rich

As long as they are the right fit he would

If the current players can't handle their teammates being better than them, they have no place at Southend United. They should want the team to do well.

Assuming Tshimanga isn't a ****, he would be a great fit

I know Moncur and Tshimanga have been well talked about but I can't see us signing them unfortunately or fortunately, depends on your views.

I can see it being Pedder and Wind and the goalkeeping coach

As long as they are the right fit he would

If the current players can't handle their teammates being better than them, they have no place at Southend United. They should want the team to do well.

Assuming Tshimanga isn't a ****, he would be a great fit
Agree with the last bit. That's what I meant, some big time Charlie wouldn't be welcome, which he most probably isn't. Character is as important as talent.

Taken from the Orient fans forum -
ā€œWellens confirms that George Moncur has been ā€œ offered the chanceā€ to join another club on loan but although he wanted to go the contribution of the receiving club wasnā€™t acceptable to the Oā€™s. RW also said that Moncur is not up to the ethics and values he works by and needs to get fitter and be more professional. Seems like the verdict is in!ā€

Last edited:
Peddler and wind
COSU will have to pay top dollar to get Tshimanga and that's not how they are rolling.
On Tshimanga depends what you mean by top dollar. Probably half his wages - so 50% of his current salary and 50% of say what Eastleigh in our league are reputedly paying McCullum. So in a way on the cheapā€¦.although that may still be more than we want to pay.

There again he could deliver the goals that guarantee promotion- which has a valueā€¦.choices, choicesā€¦thankfully we donā€™t have to make them

Wellens confirms that George Moncur has been ā€œ offered the chanceā€ to join another club on loan but although he wanted to go the contribution of the receiving club wasnā€™t acceptable to the Oā€™s. RW also said that Moncur is not up to the ethics and values he works by and needs to get fitter and be more professional. Seems like the verdict is in!
Bet kev get tune outta him does sound like us , maybe we wait to see if they change there mind .

Wellens confirms that George Moncur has been ā€œ offered the chanceā€ to join another club on loan but although he wanted to go the contribution of the receiving club wasnā€™t acceptable to the Oā€™s. RW also said that Moncur is not up to the ethics and values he works by and needs to get fitter and be more professional. Seems like the verdict is in!
Not very clever statement is it- it certainly wonā€™t encourage anyone to offer more. And almost certainly Moncur will likely do nothing and Orient will find themselves paying 100% of his wages and he wonā€™t be playing for themā€¦.

Back