• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2024/25 - Time to Cook 👨‍🍳

Transfer news
IF we can get these 5 over the line (assuming we are in for them of course) then that would certainly be a quality bit of last minute business. Over to you King Kev and COSU. 🙏

🟢 Kabongo Tshimanga: ST: Peterborough. 🔥 🗣️

🟢 George Wind: RB: Billericay. 🔥 🗣️

🟠 Rafferty Pedder: CAM: Free agent.

🟠 James Hillson: GK: Free agent.

🟠 George Moncur: CM: Orient.
That look a little better I must say 👀

Not hearing anything good about Wind, coaches and players at that level are amazed we are after him. Consensus seems to be very limited technically and just very fit. Someone who coached him at billericay said they has tariq hinds at RB at the same time at billericay and he was light years ahead of Wind

Not hearing anything good about Wind, coaches and players at that level are amazed we are after him. Consensus seems to be very limited technically and just very fit. Someone who coached him at billericay said they has tariq hinds at RB at the same time at billericay and he was light years ahead of Wind
In fairness, Hinds was at Billericay over 2 and a half years ago. Wind would’ve been 18 and Hinds would’ve been 22, so I wouldn’t give that assessment too much weight.

We seem to have watched him a lot and like what we see. If he’s got the fitness, physicality, mentality and attitude to make it, he could be a real gem with full time coaching and development.

I’ve heard the opposite from someone at Billericay. They’re not surprised at all after his last 18 months there.

I live in Billericay and have seen him many times. I even tweeted in January he is the sort of player we are looking for. One of the best players in the league last season. I also have neighbours who are Ricay fans and said he would be a great signing for us. A very similar player to GSM. One thing for sure is he defo isnt limited in ability. Also have to trust the process and if Still and Kev think he is right thats good enough for me

Moncur and Morton in the centre, both devout Christians. I’ll pray to any god that delivers us Moncur.
I seem to be in the minority here but I’m not remotely interested in Moncur. Decent player on his day. But plenty of questions marks over his attitude/desire and seems to have a record of niggling injuries. On the way down and will likely want a decent wage. Just stinks of a classic Ron signing that created the mess.

I seem to be in the minority here but I’m not remotely interested in Moncur. Decent player on his day. But plenty of questions marks over his attitude/desire and seems to have a record of niggling injuries. On the way down and will likely want a decent wage. Just stinks of a classic Ron signing that created the mess.
Certainly are if Kev wants him and a deal can be done get him in.

Would add experience for sure as well as hopefully a few goals to our midfield is what we need more of from midfielders be in testing to see how this goes .

From my os neigbour who season ticket there
He's a great player on his day, but something's not right with him, doesn't seem to want to stay fit for some reason then he's blowing out his arse after 20 mins..
I think I speak for all of us when I say we don’t want someone who’s ‘blowing out of his arse’ after 20 mins especially if he’s playing alongside Wind…

From My O's supporting mate on Moncur.... "he was really good for us in League 2, but rather a bit part player in League 1, talented player but can have weight issues 31 now he thinks , but think he would be good for you" Very religious. (only passing it on)

TBF Moncur was not taken to Spain with the rest of the team and the manager claimed he has been "unwell" for the last 2 weeks or so.

Remains to be seen wether that's code for he is off.

I'd be amazed if we signed him as he has played over 80 league games the last two seasons in the EFL.
Looking at his TikTok (which is interesting) it appears he has or has had a chest infection.

On twitter, Col Ewe and Swindon fans are wanting to sign Moncur.

He is clearly good enough, however if you search the him on twitter, also comes a photo of him on 10th July looking like he enjoyed his summer very much.

Perhaps he knows his Orient days are numbered and suffering a bit with a lack of motivation. Maybe the Shrimpers Project is what he has been waiting for all along.

By they way, I wish we would have signed his dad once upon a time!

Moncur is way better than National league or indeed league 2 in terms of his skill, but there is a problem there with his fitness and attitude, get those 2 right and you have a player with undoubted talent. He still has a year left on his deal at Orient, they are said to have paid around £200K for his services and he has been rumoured to be on £4K a week their highest paid player. It sounds like he is not part of their plans for next season so may well leave them, there were rumours he was coming to Colchester in a possible exchange for Noah Chilvers, with Moncur plus a cash settlement paying for the compensation fee we would be due for his training and development coming our way but nothing has happened as yet. Some of our fans would be pleased others don't want him back and say he is not worth the risk, we shall see.

TBF Moncur was not taken to Spain with the rest of the team and the manager claimed he has been "unwell" for the last 2 weeks or so.

Remains to be seen wether that's code for he is off.

I'd be amazed if we signed him as he has played over 80 league games the last two seasons in the EFL.
Yes over 80 games in 2 years in L1 and L2. So I think we can say the facts indicate injuries haven’t been a major issue. And tbh if he was blowing out his backside after 20 mins he wouldn’t have been on the pitch every game either.

Anyway trust the mgt team to make these decisions. Remember when we signed an injury prone forward, who had played hardly any games over a few years and couldn’t score in a brothel apparently- what was his name again…oh yes Corr…

Would add experience for sure as well as hopefully a few goals to our midfield is what we need more of from midfielders be in testing to see how this goes .

From my os neigbour who season ticket there
He's a great player on his day, but something's not right with him, doesn't seem to want to stay fit for some reason then he's blowing out his arse after 20 mins..
Spot on George has the skill but not the attitude, he is not a nasty or difficult bloke far from it but he doesn't have that drive and determination to get fit and compete like many other players do. https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/spo...ews/shota-arveladzes-major-claim-over-7012515

Yes over 80 games in 2 years in L1 and L2. So I think we can say the facts indicate injuries haven’t been a major issue. And tbh if he was blowing out his backside after 20 mins he wouldn’t have been on the pitch every game either.

Anyway trust the mgt team to make these decisions. Remember when we signed an injury prone forward, who had played hardly any games over a few years and couldn’t score in a brothel apparently- what was his name again…oh yes Corr…

Fingers crossed. He may just want to be somewhere he is appreciated and can play his football and enjoy it.

Back