• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2024/25 - Time to Cook 👨‍🍳

Transfer news
When we have a trialist at the club who's looking half decent, I don't quite get why we're openly naming him - surely that makes it very easy for clubs that are less adept at recruitment to get involved themselves, and may ultimately count against us, IF we're interested.
@rlb999 He, who shall not be named, has just played for us at Roots Hall against Gillingham in front of 2,225 people. The fact that we are obviously interested in him may not have gone unnoticed!

Should he have played with a paper bag over his head?

Any update on Demi’s contract negotiations? He’s getting well behind on pre-season prep now with only 2 competitive friendlies to go.

I know there must be a lot on Tom Lawrence’s to do list before the season starts, but I thought a deal might have been in his top drawer before the takeover happened 10 days ago.

Is he off to Ireland with the squad (a question for anyone @in the know ) ?

I’d like us to sign Otseh-Taiwo and Pedder but the former seems a bit more unlikely now with only Pedder going to Ireland.

I would imagine the three amigos have other irons in the fire though and maybe Otseh-Taiwo was second choice if we failed to land our first. So who knows, maybe a new signing on the horizon?

The lack of trialists (4 is it?) so far over pre-season, suggests Kev has his sights firmly set on his top targets (that are left) and he knows all about them and has no need to draft them into games.

When you consider the likes of Daggers had 9 (Nine) trialists in one game at the weekend, it says to me we are going for quality over quantity and every signing we make, will be capable of pushing for that starting XI.

Kev says this week "will be a big week"....hopefully that's a slight nod to some of those targets arriving later this week (I would imagine it's crunch time for clubs/players/agents that have several offers on the table) and giving us that last minute injection of excitement, right on cue... :LoyalSupporter:

I'm wondering with the great season card sales, sponsorship and shirts etc, the club may be more willing to take the plunge on Tshimanga.

My understanding of the situation is that the player wants to come and we want him, but posh want a large percentage of his wages covered on a season long loan.

I hope a deal can be done

I'm wondering with the great season card sales, sponsorship and shirts etc, the club may be more willing to take the plunge on Tshimanga.

My understanding of the situation is that the player wants to come and we want him, but posh want a large percentage of his wages covered on a season long loan.

And the surprise would be if we were surprised…again at some point you get the cow over the bucket or move on. The dilemma will be at his best he *could* be the difference between finishing third or top- how do you monetise that?

Although obviously Pedder is as such a 'trialist' by definition I don't for one minute think his abilities or the player himself is an unknown entity to Kev and Co. We know Gubbins had continued to be watched at QPR and no doubt Pedder was highlighted too as a possible target if he became available. It could be more of a case if the player wants to be here rather than us deciding we want him.

The lack of trialists (4 is it?) so far over pre-season, suggests Kev has his sights firmly set on his top targets (that are left) and he knows all about them and has no need to draft them into games.

When you consider the likes of Daggers had 9 (Nine) trialists in one game at the weekend, it says to me we are going for quality over quantity and every signing we make, will be capable of pushing for that starting XI.

Kev says this week "will be a big week"....hopefully that's a slight nod to some of those targets arriving later this week (I would imagine it's crunch time for clubs/players/agents that have several offers on the table) and giving us that last minute injection of excitement, right on cue... :LoyalSupporter:

Nine trial players sounds craaaazzzzeeee ..... but I am surprised the club hasn't had more this season.

Possibly our targets are close to joining .... or there is a willingness/deliberate tactic to wait for players in the leagues above to become available in the coming weeks.

Or it points to there being very little slack in the budget so the management team are having to go carefully forward ...........

Last edited:

Don’t forget Barry Fry is no mug when it comes to signing players he will try and get as much as he can .on the plus side he was sitting in the directors box several times last season

Back