• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2024/25 - Time to Cook 👨‍🍳

Transfer news
It is a complete guess but given we will likely be parting with hefty wages for Tshimanga, I wonder if they're leaving it as late as possible to do the deal to save money. We may have reached an agreement with Posh that he signs in August.
Peterborough may be waiting to see if they get any good permanent offers instead of a loan.

Do you think he will be heading for Roots Hall very soon ? or is signing him just wishful thinking by many supporters
Putting him with the kids makes clear to him he won’t be playing in the first team there. He will then have a preference where he wants to go. And if the numbers don’t stack up from Peterborough’s point of view- whether that a loan or sale- then you have a stand off. Normally something gives but he wouldn’t be the first player to stay put and pick up a good wage for doing nothing- and it’s a long time yet before the EFL window closes and the NL one doesn’t close. And even if he wants to come here now that can change. Not conducive to anything happening quickly probably- especially as we won’t be keen on either his wages or a meaningful fee leaving Peterborough to take a bath (well at least a shower…). My musings from afar…

Putting him with the kids makes clear to him he won’t be playing in the first team there. He will then have a preference where he wants to go. And if the numbers don’t stack up from Peterborough’s point of view- whether that a loan or sale- then you have a stand off. Normally something gives but he wouldn’t be the first player to stay put and pick up a good wage for doing nothing- and it’s a long time yet before the EFL window closes and the NL one doesn’t close. And even if he wants to come here now that can change. Not conducive to anything happening quickly probably- especially as we won’t be keen on either his wages or a meaningful fee leaving Peterborough to take a bath (well at least a shower…). My musings from afar…
Apparently he rejected like of Bromley etc, so it’s don’t seems he want to play in League 2, my thought he could be holding out for an ambitious club (like Southend Utd) with big crowds.

Today showed we are desperate for some flair in midfield (Miley/coker/ Morton all too same as a player). We will need a bit of a revamp to midfield to be serious contenders. Thought Bridge was very quiet today but guess he is a late starter to pre-season. Walker was busy and good to see him score from open play

Today showed we are desperate for some flair in midfield (Miley/coker/ Morton all too same as a player). We will need a bit of a revamp to midfield to be serious contenders. Thought Bridge was very quiet today but guess he is a late starter to pre-season. Walker was busy and good to see him score from open play
Been saying this for ages. Remember Gateshead at home, they had 3 players in midfield, all who drove with the ball, took players on. We have been and are, still in need of this type of player. It was supposed to Mooney but that didn't work out.

Been saying this for ages. Remember Gateshead at home, they had 3 players in midfield, all who drove with the ball, took players on. We have been and are, still in need of this type of player. It was supposed to Mooney but that didn't work out.
I remember that game, was good to watch, wish we had a couple of players like this to complement Miley. That would be too much to ask for.

Interesting on Rafferty Pedder/Trialist C?...

"Rafferty is very good at linking the play, taking up good goalscoring positions, and at scoring and creating goals. He has in my opinion and from the games that I have seen him play for QPR’s B team, in the past year, really flourished. Doing well in matches that he played for the QPR B team in during the second half of last season. The former Spurs man scored two competitive goals for the B team last season, with both of them coming in a dramatic 3-2 win over Wigan Athletic, late on in that season. However, he has contributed far more than just his goals during his time at QPR so far, and the player who made his first team debut for them last pre-season in a friendly with Uxbridge, has already scored four goals for the QPR B team this season. And as I said, from the games that I have seen Rafferty involved in this season, it is his all-round play and ability to be decisive and always look to make that forward pass or take players on, which has made him really standout this season.

"Rafferty also has an excellent low centre of gravity and a real amount of pace, and he never stops running. This season I have seen him have excellent games against the likes of Cardiff City, Brighton & Hove Albion and Colchester United’s Under 21 sides. That 2018/19 Spurs Academy intake were such a tremendously talented group of players, and Rafferty is just as good and has just as much potential as anyone in that group has, in my opinion. And I wouldn’t at all be surprised to see him get a loan move at some point in 2023, or even feature for the QPR first team, as he has really impressed for the B team this season."

Sign him up!

We do need a real attack minded CM...
Someone who really wants to drive forward or move the ball forward quickly.
Is rafferty that guy?
Impossible to tell from today's showing however there were plenty of positives in his short time today. Popped up in the box with a good chance too. I'd like to see him get a half in the next game.

To add to my wishes for the midfield I really want someone who buzzes around near the front two, too often cards holds the ball up and his pass is to a defender

We do need a real attack minded CM...
Someone who really wants to drive forward or move the ball forward quickly.
Is rafferty that guy?
Impossible to tell from today's showing however there were plenty of positives in his short time today. Popped up in the box with a good chance too. I'd like to see him get a half in the next game.
reading the other post about him ,and you saying you would like to give him half in the next game ,personally if i was Maher and thought he could solve our midfield problem i would be giving him minimum of 60 minutes next game, I understand Maher and co will also see him at training, We desparately need a creative midfielder plus another striker.

Interesting on Rafferty Pedder/Trialist C?...

"Rafferty is very good at linking the play, taking up good goalscoring positions, and at scoring and creating goals. He has in my opinion and from the games that I have seen him play for QPR’s B team, in the past year, really flourished. Doing well in matches that he played for the QPR B team in during the second half of last season. The former Spurs man scored two competitive goals for the B team last season, with both of them coming in a dramatic 3-2 win over Wigan Athletic, late on in that season. However, he has contributed far more than just his goals during his time at QPR so far, and the player who made his first team debut for them last pre-season in a friendly with Uxbridge, has already scored four goals for the QPR B team this season. And as I said, from the games that I have seen Rafferty involved in this season, it is his all-round play and ability to be decisive and always look to make that forward pass or take players on, which has made him really standout this season.

"Rafferty also has an excellent low centre of gravity and a real amount of pace, and he never stops running. This season I have seen him have excellent games against the likes of Cardiff City, Brighton & Hove Albion and Colchester United’s Under 21 sides. That 2018/19 Spurs Academy intake were such a tremendously talented group of players, and Rafferty is just as good and has just as much potential as anyone in that group has, in my opinion. And I wouldn’t at all be surprised to see him get a loan move at some point in 2023, or even feature for the QPR first team, as he has really impressed for the B team this season."

Sign him up!
I have read this twice now , such a glowing review off this player ,just 20 years old ,Could he be that creative player we so desparately need , certainly has time on his side and im sure Maher and co can help him, my thoughts on reading this is offer him a 2 year contract.

I have read this twice now , such a glowing review off this player ,just 20 years old ,Could he be that creative player we so desparately need , certainly has time on his side and im sure Maher and co can help him, my thoughts on reading this is offer him a 2 year contract.
He’s 22 now, still a good age though and has a good pedigree and with a loan at Oxford City last year has some knowledge of what this league is about.

Will trust Kev and co. on this but on his brief cameo yesterday he looked decent enough. I guess if he makes the trip to Ireland this week that will be a good indication of their thinking on him.

Wonder if Pedder will be invited along for the Irish trip? That way they can see if he has the correct attitude for the squad, as well as ability.

When we have a trialist at the club who's looking half decent, I don't quite get why we're openly naming him - surely that makes it very easy for clubs that are less adept at recruitment to get involved themselves, and may ultimately count against us, IF we're interested.

When we have a trialist at the club who's looking half decent, I don't quite get why we're openly naming him - surely that makes it very easy for clubs that are less adept at recruitment to get involved themselves, and may ultimately count against us, IF we're interested.
Well, perhaps Kev has nearly made up his mind. I noticed he was already calling him 'Raff' in his post-match comments. Those shortenings are a sign. If he had called him 'Raffs' or 'Raffy', I'd say it was nailed on.

Back