• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2024/25 - Time to Cook šŸ‘Øā€šŸ³

Transfer news
I can't get my head around why some people are worried when COSU have only just got the keys to the club. More signings will come, we just need to give them time and not expect everything to happen within a couple of weeks of the takeover. Also remember there's no transfer window in the NL and we already have a very decent squad for this level.

And as Leigh_Seasider says, the player has to be the right fit for the management team. I'm very happy to see the back of the days when we'd sign 35 year old journeyman like Akinde although I appreciate he might have something to offer at this level, I prefer the way we do business now.

What COSU and not forgetting all the current staff from bottom to top have achieved in a couple of weeks is pretty damn incredible.

To keep fans in the loop perhaps?

Without the inputs from the likes of @Medway Blue and @Tribal Chief during the takeover process, I think some would have lost their minds.

I never reveal names, but put information out there. Sometimes itā€™s to correct wrongs that seems to become fact on here. Sometimes itā€™s to show people what is going on.

Some ITK have begun to put less and less out there, and I think ShrimperZone is poorer for it. You get information on here quicker than CP, for obvious reasons, but you also get a lot of nonsense on here too.

If people donā€™t want information, then block those that provide it, or we will lose it.

It is poorer for it. Personally, I love the rumours, inside info and gossip. It builds the excitement for the season ahead. The more the better.

Sounds like what most of the ITKs have be saying or very similar. Me personally I just wish we could make some inroads into that list, so that any newbies get 2 weeks with the squad to familiarise with tactics and build relationships with team mates.
To be fair, ITK or not we've all got eyes and can see where the gaps in the squad are! I don't agree with @Yorkshire Blue that we need two more permanent strikers (5 in total) though, which was my main point.

People just need to be patient. New signings will be coming in. If we have to wait for another week or so but they are the quality of Walker and Gubbins it will be worth it. We may be less in numbers at the moment but the squad is better quality. Look at whats been done at the club already in less than a week. The football dept will be working equally as hard to make sure signings come in. Rather we get the right ones than do an Oldham and bring in shed loads who then take ages to gel

Info seems to have quietened down re tshimanga
Heā€™s not modelling the new kit on the programme, so canā€™t imagine itā€™ll be any time soon.

Itā€™ll be interesting to see if he features on Saturday or Tuesday (if he is training with us as some are saying)

To be fair, ITK or not we've all got eyes and can see where the gaps in the squad are! I don't agree with @Yorkshire Blue that we need two more permanent strikers (5 in total) though, which was my main point.
If you had eyes you could see that I didnā€™t say we needed two more permanent strikers. One or more could easily be a loanee - and Tshimanga is being mooted as a potential loanee.

My point was that we will end up using more than 4 forwards. It then comes down to the choice of whether you want to give them time to acclimatise or if youā€™ll roll the dice on a loanee being able to come in and contribute immediately.

People just need to be patient. New signings will be coming in. If we have to wait for another week or so but they are the quality of Walker and Gubbins it will be worth it. We may be less in numbers at the moment but the squad is better quality. Look at whats been done at the club already in less than a week. The football dept will be working equally as hard to make sure signings come in. Rather we get the right ones than do an Oldham and bring in shed loads who then take ages to gel
Well said Jon

If you had eyes you could see that I didnā€™t say we needed two more permanent strikers. One or more could easily be a loanee - and Tshimanga is being mooted as a potential loanee.

My point was that we will end up using more than 4 forwards. It then comes down to the choice of whether you want to give them time to acclimatise or if youā€™ll roll the dice on a loanee being able to come in and contribute immediately.
Meow! Sorry, no, my defective eyes hadn't absorbed the message that you were covering the total squad requirement for the season, be that permy or loan. Perhaps it was obvious to those of superior intellect.

The deal isnā€™t off.

I think some people were getting ahead of themselves end of last week/early this week by how far along they thought things were.

As I said I hadnā€™t spoken to my guys just recently, but the last time I had I was led to believe that he hadnā€™t been training with us. That may have changed, and London Shrimper suggests it has.

Deals take time. They are complex. It isnā€™t a game of football manager or as easy as making a transfer on fantasy premier league.

He wonā€™t be wearing the new shirt tomorrow at 9am as @Smiffy rightly says.
Iā€™m guessing he will be wearing the shirt when we play York and he scores the winner

The season doesn't kick off til 10th August so there's plenty of time to get a few more players in. Got to be the right players for Southend and got to fit in character wise and we won't be paying silly money. Those days are gone.
Or letting Ron Martin get involved them days are gone

We need a few more in but unlike the last 15-20 years itā€™s not a rebuild. We have a very good starting 11 & bench which will be superior to the majority of teams in this league and unlike most of those season gone this 11 should be well gelled and ready to go on the first game of the season, theyā€™ll know their jobs and team mates.

We can be patient for the right additions - rather than panic buy.

Back