• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2024/25 - Time to Cook šŸ‘Øā€šŸ³

Transfer news
Front 3 of Akinde, Ifeong and Powell will cause teams including us problems.
Big John Akinde lost his appetite for the game a good couple of years ago. One former chairman of his described him as a "waster". That still didn't deter Ron/Mark Molesley from trying to saddle us with another large salary. Thankfully he did us all a favour and rejected the move at the eleventh hour.

I think theyā€™ve had a crackdown on leaks.

They were apparently pretty ****ed off about the kit leaking and itā€™s not the first time theyā€™ve been annoyed about news getting out.

I don't want leaked signing information either. I want the excitement of a signing without knowing who it is ages earlier.

Not sure why people need to know everything before it happens.

Not sure why some people feel the need to put the info out there, other than social media likes I guess.

I miss the days of turning up and thinking that lad whoā€™s smashed a shot miles wide must be a youth player I donā€™t recognize. Then finding out it was Billy Paynter and weā€™d paid reportedly paid 350k for him šŸ¤£

Yes, first game of the season - who is this new chap? He was rubbish in that game - ran around like an amateur - and not much good for the remainder of his stay with us says my memory. Some you win, some you lose.

I miss the days of turning up and thinking that lad whoā€™s smashed a shot miles wide must be a youth player I donā€™t recognize. Then finding out it was Billy Paynter and weā€™d paid reportedly paid 350k for him šŸ¤£
Wasn't there some link between him and the Manager (Peter Taylor ?) . I think it was something to do with his daughter (NO not the Ricky Otto rumour!!)

With the Cowley connection, not too surprising.

Akinde was a sub mostly wasn't he CaP?

2 in his last 30. Even at this level they are going to struggle to get a tune out of that old fiddle imo, but I await to be proved wrong.

I don't want leaked signing information either. I want the excitement of a signing without knowing who it is ages earlier.

Not sure why some people feel the need to put the info out there, other than social media likes I guess.

To keep fans in the loop perhaps?

Without the inputs from the likes of @Medway Blue and @Tribal Chief during the takeover process, I think some would have lost their minds.

I never reveal names, but put information out there. Sometimes itā€™s to correct wrongs that seems to become fact on here. Sometimes itā€™s to show people what is going on.

Some ITK have begun to put less and less out there, and I think ShrimperZone is poorer for it. You get information on here quicker than CP, for obvious reasons, but you also get a lot of nonsense on here too.

If people donā€™t want information, then block those that provide it, or we will lose it.

Pretty sure Bailey smacked a shot into the lower stratosphere on his Roots Hall debut

All jokes aside, we need to replace Powell

We've certainly improved in the goal-scoring department, but we need a wide player who has pace and can take players on

Without the inputs from the likes of @Medway Blue and @Tribal Chief during the takeover process, I think some would have lost their minds.

I never reveal names, but put information out there. Sometimes itā€™s to correct wrongs that seems to become fact on here. Sometimes itā€™s to show people what is going on.

Some ITK have begun to put less and less out there, and I think ShrimperZone is poorer for it. You get information on here quicker than CP, for obvious reasons, but you also get a lot of nonsense on here too.

If people donā€™t want information, then block those that provide it, or we will lose it.
Is tshimanga putting the new kit on as we speak for the kit reveal? This is the big question šŸ™šŸ»

With the Cowley connection, not too surprising.

Akinde was a sub mostly wasn't he CaP?

2 in his last 30. Even at this level they are going to struggle to get a tune out of that old fiddle imo, but I await to be proved wrong.
Last season yes, he only made 16 appearances mostly down to injury and the fact in the 1st half of the season we were playing goal machine Joe Taylor until he was recalled by Lincoln but the previous season he played 41 games, 36 of which were in the league. Despite his age he is still a class act, itā€™s not so much the goals he scores but his movement/experience and physical presence creates lots of chances for others.

Agreed. Hopefully will help stop the childish 'I know more than you' recent culture.

Agreed. Hopefully will help stop the childish 'I know more than you' recent culture.
Human nature will always rear its sometimes ugly head though!

All jokes aside, we need to replace Powell

We've certainly improved in the goal-scoring department, but we need a wide player who has pace and can take players on
Josh Walker is his replacement.

Gubbins has replaced Deon Woodman.

Weā€™ve yet to replace Fonguck but also Dave Martin as back-up keeper and Henry Sandat and Marcus Dackers as forward depth.

Back