• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2024/25 - Time to Cook šŸ‘Øā€šŸ³

Transfer news
To keep fans in the loop perhaps?

Without the inputs from the likes of @Medway Blue and @Tribal Chief during the takeover process, I think some would have lost their minds.

I never reveal names, but put information out there. Sometimes itā€™s to correct wrongs that seems to become fact on here. Sometimes itā€™s to show people what is going on.

Some ITK have begun to put less and less out there, and I think ShrimperZone is poorer for it. You get information on here quicker than CP, for obvious reasons, but you also get a lot of nonsense on here too.

If people donā€™t want information, then block those that provide it, or we will lose it.
It was in reference to transfers rather than takeover, although I do understand some leaked information on social media (not by those you have named) hasn't been without detrimental consequence in the past.

In terms of transfers, I don't want to know in advance - I want a surprise Michel Ricketts signing!

Oh for the days of an unknown striker making his debut against Notts County, scoring twice and due to the ground PA system being inaudible, not knowing his name until checking Ceefex goalscorers when home!

Josh Walker is his replacement.

Gubbins has replaced Deon Woodman.

Weā€™ve yet to replace Fonguck but also Dave Martin as back-up keeper and Henry Sandat and Marcus Dackers as forward depth.
I think one of Sandat or Dackers was brought in to replace Powell when he was injured? Iā€™m pretty sure the intention was / is to have 4 fit and available forwards fighting for two spots up top. With Cardwell, Waldron and Walker we have three so one more will be the plan IMO.

I think we will be looking to get genuine competition / cover for Gus and Collin, plus at least one possibly two replacements for Wes given some of our other attacking midfield options seem to have plateaued a bit (and done so a bit below where we need them to be, too).

I think one of Sandat or Dackers was brought in to replace Powell when he was injured? Iā€™m pretty sure the intention was / is to have 4 fit and available forwards fighting for two spots up top. With Cardwell, Waldron and Walker we have three so one more will be the plan IMO.

I think we will be looking to get genuine competition / cover for Gus and Collin, plus at least one possibly two replacements for Wes given some of our other attacking midfield options seem to have plateaued a bit (and done so a bit below where we need them to be, too).

Sounds like what most of the ITKs have be saying or very similar. Me personally I just wish we could make some inroads into that list, so that any newbies get 2 weeks with the squad to familiarise with tactics and build relationships with team mates.

To keep fans in the loop perhaps?

Without the inputs from the likes of @Medway Blue and @Tribal Chief during the takeover process, I think some would have lost their minds.

I never reveal names, but put information out there. Sometimes itā€™s to correct wrongs that seems to become fact on here. Sometimes itā€™s to show people what is going on.

Some ITK have begun to put less and less out there, and I think ShrimperZone is poorer for it. You get information on here quicker than CP, for obvious reasons, but you also get a lot of nonsense on here too.

If people donā€™t want information, then block those that provide it, or we will lose it.
Absolutely. I donā€™t want names or identifying information- and the very last thing of all to jeopardise an ongoing opportunity. The old ā€œwe are in talks with a striker who played in L2 last season is fineā€. Then we have loads of fun speculatingā€¦

The now complete silence either indicates that the sieve has had all its holes blocked or recruitment is currently not going well. Something will always be assumed.

From the comments we have had we know at least a few more signings are sought eg Kev, Tom. You would think a RWB, keeper, creative midfielder and a forward.

Maybe with trialist RWB is effectively done? Maybe the forward eggs are in the Thiamanga basket and nothing else will progress until that is resolved either way- in both cases you would imagine they will be going to Ireland or wonā€™t happenā€¦

And then Demi- given his service to the club and his contract ended? very odd?

Deal off then by sounds that? Itā€™s not ideal when we was so far behind others with recruitment thought we may have had a couple lined up for soon as went through.

We were miles behind everyone else last season.. that didn't stop us putting 4 past one of the pre seasons favourites. I understand the want to see us announce signing after signing but if the past 12/18 months or so hasn't taught you just to relax, trust in Kev and the team off the pitch then nothing will.

Deal off then by sounds that? Itā€™s not ideal when we was so far behind others with recruitment thought we may have had a couple lined up for soon as went through.
Thatā€™s not what I said. Itā€™s just very unlikely you will see him appear in a new shirt at 9am tomorrow.

The deal isnā€™t off.

I think some people were getting ahead of themselves end of last week/early this week by how far along they thought things were.

As I said I hadnā€™t spoken to my guys just recently, but the last time I had I was led to believe that he hadnā€™t been training with us. That may have changed, and London Shrimper suggests it has.

Deals take time. They are complex. It isnā€™t a game of football manager or as easy as making a transfer on fantasy premier league.

He wonā€™t be wearing the new shirt tomorrow at 9am as @Smiffy rightly says.

The deal isnā€™t off.

I think some people were getting ahead of themselves end of last week/early this week by how far along they thought things were.

As I said I hadnā€™t spoken to my guys just recently, but the last time I had I was led to believe that he hadnā€™t been training with us. That may have changed, and London Shrimper suggests it has.

Deals take time. They are complex. It isnā€™t a game of football manager or as easy as making a transfer on fantasy premier league.

He wonā€™t be wearing the new shirt tomorrow at 9am as @Smiffy rightly says.
just in a training top at 8:30am instead

Back