• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2024/25 - Time to Cook 👨‍🍳

Transfer news
Ok so I completely forgot about National South. Basically my point was two leagues below L2 isn’t much difference. So I’m meaning national north and south.
Ah, that makes much more sense. I think there’s still a fair difference - the top of L2 would blow away the bottom of NLS/N but the top of NLS/N might be competitive against the bottom of L2 so if a player performs well against the top teams that looks like a bridge able gap.

Of course a big issue is usually that NLS/N teams aren’t full time so you usually need to factor in an acclimatisation period but I believe NLS/NLN is a real hotbed of talent if you’re looking for players to develop.

There seem to be lots of players who had the talent to come through Prem/EFL academies but it takes them time to adjust to men’s football/mentally mature and they need a year or two of playing first team football (and maybe having a real life job) to take that next step. Add in late developers who rise to that level through merit and there some really good talents waiting to be unearthed.

I think they’ve had a crackdown on leaks.

They were apparently pretty ****ed off about the kit leaking and it’s not the first time they’ve been annoyed about news getting out.
As much as I love the gossip and finding things out early, I do think the best route for these things is to give Chris Phillips a scoop (eg left back from the league 2) when it’s a done deal to help him shift a few more papers / subscriptions. And then announce on the official site a few hours after.

Operating within our means , becoming self sufficient etc , these will impact on the squad whilst Cosu invest what money they have into the infrastructure to increase the income streams into the club and to reduce the 1M+ a year losses .
Don’t believe that , they have said they have planned for losses for few years. Best way is to get out the league. Also tl said on bbc Essex there’s more incoming to come the lack of depth atm no chance of going up.

In regards to the kit leak ... maybe don't model it on a busy train platform in public 😂

But transfer stuff and the inner workings of the club shouldn't be leaked
I agree, I said to my darling wife, this sort of stuff should be kept to the sidings shed in Barking, behind corrugated metal,

Back