• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2024/25 - Time to Cook šŸ‘Øā€šŸ³

Transfer news
Omar mussa should be on page1 now I think as heā€™s a free agent we wanted him before makes a bit of sense. Got a feeling he may be on the famous white board
Letā€™s be honest I think BW2 has basically confirmed heā€™s on the whiteboard, but whether heā€™s option A/B/C is debatable (Iā€™d imagine heā€™s not top choice).

Just trying to bump up our transfer list on page one not many names on it

You wonā€™t get many names on it.

London Shrimper is the only one that puts names out there. I donā€™t, and CP doesnā€™t. He only broke the news about us in talks with a defender and a striker the day they both signed.

TC9 on Twitter is nonsense, we wonā€™t feature with speculation on sky sports news or anything like that, so you are basically just left with London Shrimperā€™s Twitter postsā€¦

So if you go over the last 10 years and look at the two teams that went down from L2 and the teams that went upto to the NL look at their results head to head against each other. I think you be pleasantly surprised.
So after promoted teams strengthen and relegated teams lose their better players theyā€™re on a more even footing?

Look, I can get behind the idea that the top 5 of the NL are probably better than the bottom 5 of L2 and that the bottom 5 of the NL are similar to the top 5 of the NLN/NLS. But thereā€™s a gulf between the top 5 of the NL and the bottom 5 of the NL). And then between the top of NLS and the bottom of NLS and so on.

Weā€™re talking about the Isthmian Prem which is another level below NLS. And talent at that level is spread much more thinly as the football pyramid widens out.

Three Isthmian Premier champions (so finishing about 20 points above the team in 5th) have made it to to the NL since 2013. Those sides are Maidstone (finished 24th), Dorking (16th then 23rd), Wealdstone (19th then 16th). Teams finishing c20 points behind them are not equivalent to the teams finishing top 5 in the NL and would get destroyed in L2.

Wouldn't dispute that. I watched Stowmarket play Heybridge a couple of years ago. Tilly was manager and Alan McCormack came on as a substitute on the hour mark. He was head and shoulders above anyone else on the pitch. That was an Isthmian North match. There is definitely a chasm between that level and even the National League, let alone League 2.

Ok so I completely forgot about National South. Basically my point was two leagues below L2 isnā€™t much difference. So Iā€™m meaning national north and south.

Back