• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2024/25 - Time to Cook šŸ‘Øā€šŸ³

Transfer news
The story I heard was we were all set to sign him, but Ron waded in and did unspecified Ron things, upset the applecart, and the player decided to leave it and sign for Dagenham.

He was a flop at Dagenham, but I would bet money that Maher and co would have got a better tune out of him than Daggers did.

Correct.

Bit like Remy at Daggers too, a top target of ours. Not clicked there yet.

Now RM has gone, and OM is a free agent, I wonderā€¦

Correct.

Bit like Remy at Daggers too, a top target of ours. Not clicked there yet.

Now RM has gone, and OM is a free agent, I wonderā€¦
Under contract until 2025, so a fee would probably be involved, especially with them dealing with us. Not that that is as much of a problem as it was under Ron, now.

We are constantly talking to players/agents/family members of potential recruits. John Still is always bringing players to Kev too, and agents are always ringing offering players. That happens at every country across the land.

Kev knows the profiles of the players he wants, knows the budget he is working too, and knows his A, B & C targets for each position he feels he needs to improve the squad.
On another note, any further news on a potential keeper coach??

On another note, any further news on a potential keeper coach??

That I havenā€™t heard anything on at the moment, not to say there isnā€™t anything happening, I just havenā€™t heard.

Iā€™ve spoken to some of my people on Friday, when they gave me the heads up on the takeover, but other than a few non-SUFC related messages, Iā€™ve not spoken to them properly.

The best 5 teams in the Isthmian Premier are not remotely the same level as the worst five teams in L2.

It goes L2, NL (those two have more overlap due to the 2 up, 2 down creating a temporary bottleneck), then NLS/NLN - last year the teams promoted from those divisions to the NL finished 18th, 19th, 22nd and 24th demonstrating the gap between those two.

From NLN/NLS the remaining talent is spread ever wider. Relegation from NLS/N goes not just to Isthmian Prem but also Southern League Prem Central and Southern League Prem South and Northern League. The fifth best team at Isthmian League level might easily be only the 20th best team at the 7th tier. The idea that the 20th best team at the 7th tier is a similar standard to L2 is asinine.

There were two 7th tier sides who faced 4th tier sides in FA Cup R1 last season. Both lost 5-1 (Marine at home to Harrogate, Worksop at Stockport). Thatā€™s the gulf.

For every fairytale Horsham drawing with opponents no doubt putting out weakened teams thereā€™s a Bristol Rovers (bottom half of L1) 7 Whitby 2.
So if you go over the last 10 years and look at the two teams that went down from L2 and the teams that went upto to the NL look at their results head to head against each other. I think you be pleasantly surprised.

That I havenā€™t heard anything on at the moment, not to say there isnā€™t anything happening, I just havenā€™t heard.

Iā€™ve spoken to some of my people on Friday, when they gave me the heads up on the takeover, but other than a few non-SUFC related messages, Iā€™ve not spoken to them properly.
Take them out, get them drunk and probe them deeply.

Back