• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2024/25 - Time to Cook šŸ‘Øā€šŸ³

Transfer news
Brunt is no better that what we have already. He is not going to add goals from midfield, which is what we are looking for. Up front we already have Walker and Waldron, who presumably would play off Cardwell. Tshimanga would be an expensive gamble in my opinion. We do need a 4th forward, but he needs to be able to play the Harry Cardwell role. Remember just how much we struggled when Harry was injured last season.
Since leaving us he has gained experience from two different types of sides, Boreham and Barnet so has adapted his game. 10 goals in 2 seasons from midfield, plus many assists, so not a bad return. Also narrowly missed out on promotion last year. He's still just 22 don't forget.

In Cardwell's words "I'd love to have Zak in the side because he always looks for the pass to you, strikers dream".

That said, I don't think he's going anywhere at the moment and will have a price due to his contract. May see him this weekend so will know exactly his situation.

Since leaving us he has gained experience from two different types of sides, Boreham and Barnet so has adapted his game. 10 goals in 2 seasons from midfield, plus many assists, so not a bad return. Also narrowly missed out on promotion last year. He's still just 22 don't forget.

In Cardwell's words "I'd love to have Zak in the side because he always looks for the pass to you, strikers dream".

That said, I don't think he's going anywhere at the moment and will have a price due to his contract. May see him this weekend so will know exactly his situation.

That is an area we could really improve on. Harry C is a big strong lad and can comfortably take a ball to feet or shield it. I lost count of of how many times he 'showed' last season and then not rewarded.

Everyone on here wants a midfield playmaker but we already have lads who just need a be bit more 'think number 9 first' in their game. Ollie Coker is an example of could have improved more than he did last season. I felt he was to conservative with his passing over his ability. He should look for Cardwell pace down the middle. He would also be the ideal man for HC to tee up 20/25yds from goal once Harry gets the ball into feet.

Last edited:
I feel we were missing the directness of playing into forwards feet early on occasions last season and relied heavily on Bridge, however towards the final quarter I feel this was improved upon and we certainly got into the box more from all areas.

The addition of Walker will strengthen this further and certainly adds another dimension.

We know Ollie Coker has that in him, with Cav missing for a large part of the season and Noor sidelined too, perhaps Ollie styled his game slightly differently. Maybe with everyone back he will be more guns blazing from the off?

I feel we were missing the directness of playing into forwards feet early on occasions last season and relied heavily on Bridge, however towards the final quarter I feel this was improved upon and we certainly got into the box more from all areas.

The addition of Walker will strengthen this further and certainly adds another dimension.

We know Ollie Coker has that in him, with Cav missing for a large part of the season and Noor sidelined too, perhaps Ollie styled his game slightly differently. Maybe with everyone back he will be more guns blazing from the off?

Noor doesn't do enough for me. He doesn't create or score enough. He has the talent but not used enough.

We are definitely missing a player who can run with the ball and score and create.

Boston have signed defender Jai Rowe on a free following his release from Aldershot and striker from Posh on a long term loan.......................no not him, Pemi Aderoju. hasn't scored and only played two first team games for Posh, signed from Biggleswade last season after scoring 4 in 7 games.

I'll throw a midfielder into the mix we may be looking at, Keenan Appiah-Forson. 22 years old, been released by West Ham and spent last season at Daggers (27 app, 1 goal) I'm trying to find an assist count for him.

Four clubs believed to be interested in him. Right age group, on a free I believe. We could be one of the four?

Noor doesn't do enough for me. He doesn't create or score enough. He has the talent but not used enough.

We are definitely missing a player who can run with the ball and score and create.
I tend to agree with this. I think if we signed a player of the ilk of Walker and Tshimanga in CM that they would walk in to the team and massively improve us. Itā€™s an area Iā€™d rather us spend out on.

Decent player, but not one who I think could player any higher comfortably.

I'll throw a midfielder into the mix we may be looking at, Keenan Appiah-Forson. 22 years old, been released by West Ham and spent last season at Daggers (27 app, 1 goal) I'm trying to find an assist count for him.

Four clubs believed to be interested in him. Right age group, on a free I believe. We could be one of the four?
Keenan Appiah-Forson looks like a robust and physically strong player who apparently had a very impressive loan spell with Dagenham last season.

Could be a decent option

Boston have signed defender Jai Rowe on a free following his release from Aldershot and striker from Posh on a long term loan.......................no not him, Pemi Aderoju. hasn't scored and only played two first team games for Posh, signed from Biggleswade last season after scoring 4 in 7 games.
Dmac - Posh chairman thinks he's gonna be the real deal. one to keep an eye on if he has a good loan at Boston.

Heard a really good shout for a player listening to the SUFC goals podcast yesterday. Charlie Sayers... just been released by Spurs apparently and still very young. Would almost be an heir to ralph of the left hand side of that defence whether that be as a left centre half or left wing back. Would also have good sell on value given he's still only 20.

Heard a really good shout for a player listening to the SUFC goals podcast yesterday. Charlie Sayers... just been released by Spurs apparently and still very young. Would almost be an heir to ralph of the left hand side of that defence whether that be as a left centre half or left wing back. Would also have good sell on value given he's still only 20.

Hasnā€™t Joe Gubbins just filled that position?

Iā€™d be shocked if we brought in anymore defenders, bar potentially some cover at RWB.

Didn't realise the podcast had been published, oops

Back