• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2024/25 - Time to Cook šŸ‘Øā€šŸ³

Transfer news
I think brunt was good but thereā€™s nothing to say weā€™re in for him just a suggestion, thought we may be in for a keeper and a mid by now less than 3 weeks till season.

So back on the players we are interested in! Other than tshimanga itā€™s all ver quiet donā€™t we think? Any other names out there? page 1 looks a bit bare at the moment.

It`s good to see an approach of quality rather than just quantity in our search of players needed in certain positions to augment our current squad. It`s also a breath of fresh air to be talking football related matters and the positivity since COSU taking over have injected. I`m sure the ongoing work in the background will soon lead to further announcements of players, hinted at by TL in the Essex Radio interview.

Up the Blues :LoyalSupporter: :Happy:šŸ‘

Brunt is no better that what we have already. He is not going to add goals from midfield, which is what we are looking for. Up front we already have Walker and Waldron, who presumably would play off Cardwell. Tshimanga would be an expensive gamble in my opinion. We do need a 4th forward, but he needs to be able to play the Harry Cardwell role. Remember just how much we struggled when Harry was injured last season.

We have to have faith in John Still and Kev to get it right. Even now we have one of the best squads in the league and we are still possibly 4 or 5 light. Despite the embargo we still signed the quality of Gubbins and Walker so the players are out there. I doubt these two were 4th or 5th choice on the whiteboard. We are a club that players will want to come to. Tshimanga would be a quality signing, im struggling to understand the negativity towards him. He is absolutely proven at this level. As for Brunt, im not aware he is one we are looking at but he did great when he was with us before. Some fans seem to be bitter towards him cause he left and went to Notts County. that wasnt his decision but he is the type of player we should be looking.
Season starts soon and i still believe we will get another 2 or 3 in but lets get quality and not quantity. We could probably get Dackers or Sandat back if we wanted to. I think Tshimanaga would be a far better signing by a mile

Brunt is no better that what we have already. He is not going to add goals from midfield, which is what we are looking for. Up front we already have Walker and Waldron, who presumably would play off Cardwell. Tshimanga would be an expensive gamble in my opinion. We do need a 4th forward, but he needs to be able to play the Harry Cardwell role. Remember just how much we struggled when Harry was injured last season.
I quite liked the look of Sean Adarkwa at Wealdstone when we played them last year. Put himself about a bit and would provide cover/competition for Cardwell.

We have to have faith in John Still and Kev to get it right. Even now we have one of the best squads in the league and we are still possibly 4 or 5 light. Despite the embargo we still signed the quality of Gubbins and Walker so the players are out there. I doubt these two were 4th or 5th choice on the whiteboard. We are a club that players will want to come to. Tshimanga would be a quality signing, im struggling to understand the negativity towards him. He is absolutely proven at this level. As for Brunt, im not aware he is one we are looking at but he did great when he was with us before. Some fans seem to be bitter towards him cause he left and went to Notts County. that wasnt his decision but he is the type of player we should be looking.
Season starts soon and i still believe we will get another 2 or 3 in but lets get quality and not quantity. We could probably get Dackers or Sandat back if we wanted to. I think Tshimanaga would be a far better signing by a mile
Negativity towards Tshimanga is historical from Peterborough fans (which my mate is one and been sharing in a lighthearted way).

Would be an incredible signing for us, only concern I have is we are not over spending immediately - but you hope with COSU, we are now working on a strict budget and will not take him on if we can't afford to.

Negativity towards Tshimanga is historical from Peterborough fans (which my mate is one and been sharing in a lighthearted way).

Would be an incredible signing for us, only concern I have is we are not over spending immediately - but you hope with COSU, we are now working on a strict budget and will not take him on if we can't afford to.
I think if we were over spending we would pay the 300k posh want and what the player wants too. The fact we are looking at a loan with Peterborough contributing shows we arenā€™t being silly. Besides if we were being silly we would go for McCallum who is on a fortune each week at Eastleigh and probably the big reason we are swerving him

No, it really is huge.

Cards, Noor, Morton, Kensdale etc all really took 6 months to make the step up from NLN/S to NL as itā€™s switching from part-time to full-time (and they all had come through EFL clubs). This is both coming from a step lower and going to a step higher.

Tshimanga, Josh Walker struggled to make the step up from NL to L2 (they initially went higher but still struggled when loaned to L2).

Jack Wood is probably the closest weā€™ve had attempt to leap so many divisions recently and heā€™s still a peripheral figure two and a half years later.

Or thereā€™s Emile Acquah when he made his debut after being recalled from on loan at Harlow in the Isthmian Prem. Didnā€™t become a regular in L2 for a further four and a half years.

Ironically 2004 is the last example I can think of someone successfully making that jump. Even then Freddy had two months in Conference South for newly promoted Grays before joining us in October.
That is a small sample size if players though and only our players you are talking about. The best five teams from that league and the worst five teams from L2 would oretty
Much be even in ability level. Our league is basically L3 now and majoirty if teams from both L2 & C are at same level.

That is a small sample size if players though and only our players you are talking about. The best five teams from that league and the worst five teams from L2 would oretty
Much be even in ability level. Our league is basically L3 now and majoirty if teams from both L2 & C are at same level.
The best 5 teams in the Isthmian Premier are not remotely the same level as the worst five teams in L2.

It goes L2, NL (those two have more overlap due to the 2 up, 2 down creating a temporary bottleneck), then NLS/NLN - last year the teams promoted from those divisions to the NL finished 18th, 19th, 22nd and 24th demonstrating the gap between those two.

From NLN/NLS the remaining talent is spread ever wider. Relegation from NLS/N goes not just to Isthmian Prem but also Southern League Prem Central and Southern League Prem South and Northern League. The fifth best team at Isthmian League level might easily be only the 20th best team at the 7th tier. The idea that the 20th best team at the 7th tier is a similar standard to L2 is asinine.

There were two 7th tier sides who faced 4th tier sides in FA Cup R1 last season. Both lost 5-1 (Marine at home to Harrogate, Worksop at Stockport). Thatā€™s the gulf.

For every fairytale Horsham drawing with opponents no doubt putting out weakened teams thereā€™s a Bristol Rovers (bottom half of L1) 7 Whitby 2.

Back