• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2024/25 - Time to Cook šŸ‘Øā€šŸ³

Transfer news
Well the team are away in Ireland next week so I imagine they will keen to get business done before then if possible- by the time they are back itā€™s a week before the first game and preseason overā€¦

Will be a good test for the boys and ac hand e to sign some of the opposition if they stand out. Third tier Dublin Sunday league is about the same standard as L2

Just to say that there is always the loan market.

Used sparingly & in the right way, loan players can add significantly to our squad.

I would think goal keepers are the easiest to get in but we (the club) should be attractive to developing midfielders & strikers from the higher leagues who are not 1st choice at their parent clubs - we have had some good players in the past.

In the best cases, the loan players have come back to the club as signings and have been well received by the fans.

There is however a potential timing issue with us having a number of games before League Clubs may well decide which of their players they would loan out.

Used sparingly & in the right way, loan players can add significantly to our squad.

I would think goal keepers are the easiest to get in but we (the club) should be attractive to developing midfielders & strikers from the higher leagues who are not 1st choice at their parent clubs - we have had some good players in the past.

In the best cases, the loan players have come back to the club as signings and have been well received by the fans.

There is however a potential timing issue with us having a number of games before League Clubs may well decide which of their players they would loan out.
The benefit for us on the other hand is we don't have a transfer window closing until March/April so players who maybe aren't getting the game time they would like may be more tempted to come to us on a short term and could benefit both parties.

Not sure why so many fans are not so keen on loans. I get that non of us want the PL academy star who thinks he id doing us favour by just being on the pitch. But the lads from Sheffield U were great example of Kev and Ruby choosing those with the right attitude.

The arrival of Joe Gubbins is good example of the loan system working in our favour. I doubt he would have signed if he hadn't experienced the good points of SUFC.......Something we all forgot ourselves whilst obsessing over Ron.

With our current keeper situation, rather than a costly reserve keeper. One option might be to sign another young but potential Colin type. Whilst having good standard EFL keeper on loan stn-by in case Colin gets injured. Use the no experienced keeper loan rule to our advantage to save money and have a stronger option if Colin is injured.

Tshimanga is starting for the Peterborough U21ā€™s tonight against St. Ives.
Not even u21s -itā€™s mix of their u18s and u21s - he must be delighted itā€™s not the u16sā€¦.Iā€™m sure heā€™s full of nerves and really motivated

I guess they need to try and get him match fit and wouldn't sanction that at another club. Might void the insurance they have on him if he played for us and got injured.

Playing in the u18 gives him game minutes and would work to our advantage as well as theirs.

If a player is close to signing for another club would they jeopardise the move in a friendly @BoyWonder2 @Medway Blue thoughts?

I wouldnā€™t read too much into it.

The lad needs minutes in pre-season, as well as doing all the stuff in training. Match fitness and general fitness are too completely different things.

Itā€™s a risk, with the potential for injuries and such, but could get injured in training or at home.

It could be a way of them trying to force the move.

Many years ago a colleague of mine was friends with a goalkeeper at Swansea who fell out with the manager and the club did all they could like training with the kids to get him to a agree to a move - however as he was on a good wack compared to what he could get elsewhere he just sucked it up. Maybe Kabongo will do the same

Back