• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2024/25 - Time to Cook šŸ‘Øā€šŸ³

Transfer news
Yeah goes to show how lucky we were to get him. Coz he was too good for League Two and for one season at least - League One. So crazy that he was at that level.

It goes to show why people like John Still regularly watch games at that level and below though coz you never know who you might spot.

I do think thereā€™s a lot more data available now though and clubs are probably a lot more aware of the talent in each league than they were then when it was probably more word of mouth .

Yeah goes to show how lucky we were to get him. Coz he was too good for League Two and for one season at least - League One. So crazy that he was at that level.

It goes to show why people like John Still regularly watch games at that level and below though coz you never know who you might spot.

I do think thereā€™s a lot more data available now though and clubs are probably a lot more aware of the talent in each league than they were then when it was probably more word of mouth .
The key with Freddy was keeping him happy. While he was clearly very talented it was only when he was happy that people got the best out of him. Tilly and Brush were excellent at handling him and many others during that time.

Reckon there is any chance we could go in for Zak Brunt as a creative player? Would love him back here.
No thanks.

Did a good job when here and was part of the beginning of the project.

Since then, we have moved on but he hasn't imo. Whether or not this is his level I don't know but I feel there are more gems below us than around us now.

Barnet have signed Finley Wilkinson, reckon he will play ahead of Brunt in all honesty for Barnet - one that we missed out/chose not to pursue.

Anyone know much about Finley Barbrook? I see he got academy player of the season at Ipswich last season, plus played 30 games for Chelmsford in NLS.

No thanks.

Since then, we have moved on but he hasn't imo. Whether or not this is his level I don't know but I feel there are more gems below us than around us now.

Barnet have signed Finley Wilkinson, reckon he will play ahead of Brunt in all honesty for Barnet - one that we missed out/chose not to pursue.
He seemed a nice lad but he did not do a good job with us sadly. We only improved after he left and we brought in a midfielder that strengthened us

He seemed a nice lad but he did not do a good job with us sadly. We only improved after he left and we brought in a midfielder that strengthened us
He was very young when he came to us, it was a good fit for both sides.

If he would have come back sooner then who knows what may have been.

Certainly a good player in there somewhere.

Itā€™s all about opinions. Iā€™d have Brunt back in a heartbeat, massive upgrade on Wes - great eye for a pass and takes a decent set piece too. Seems like a good character to have around the place too, had a good rapport with fans.

But hey, not our opinion that counts!

No thanks.

How can anyone say he hasnt moved on. He was class for Barnet last season and would fit our team well.

How can anyone say he hasnt moved on. He was class for Barnet last season and would fit our team well.
He ran the show in both our matches against them last season. We were unlucky in both matches, but he was head and shoulders above everyone.

Last edited:
Itā€™s all about opinions. Iā€™d have Brunt back in a heartbeat, massive upgrade on Wes - great eye for a pass and takes a decent set piece too. Seems like a good character to have around the place too, had a good rapport with fans.

But hey, not our opinion that counts!
definitely wouldn't say no to him. Was surprised to see him rock up at Barnet permanently last summer considering he was highly thought of at Blades and would've thought he would have EFL interest.

Back